Florida Pest Control?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 06-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Default Florida Pest Control?

First let me explain - -we purchased a previously enjoyed home and moved in January. We did not immediately arrange pest control. Today I just recieved a final notice of canceling of our Protection.(I should point out that we are snowbirds currently in NY) They claimed that they sent me a renewal notice on both 3/15 and 4/30. I never received them and now they say that if I don't renew . . . . . I know I need to establish a relationship with somebody but I need to know 1) Is this a scam and 2) does anybody have a relationship with this company?

Thanks,
Old 06-13-2011, 09:57 PM
Gold member
Default FL Pest Control

We have had their service and annual termite inspection since our home was built 14 years ago. In order to retain the insurance coverage against termite damage you must renew with them or seek out another company willing to cover your home. Chances are, they sent renewal notice to former owner who ignored these reminders when they were forwarded to them.

To answer your question, I don't believe it's a scam. Florida Pest Control has been in business for at least 14 years that we have lived here and probably longer. They have a large fleet of green trucks that can be seen in many parts of TV on adaily basis.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:23 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

I agree with Hancle that the notice(s) probably went to the wrong address. Nothing beats face-to-face contact for resolving problems like this (in the case of snowbirds, make that telephone contact). Give them a call to discuss the account, the billing address, etc. You want to ensure your termite protection coverage was properly transferred from the old to the new owner. If you can't get a human on the phone to discuss your account, someone who can make decisions, provide info and resolve problems, well IMHO that is an indication that maybe I should get another company to deal with.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.