Foreign Car Mechanic (Jaguar)

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2019, 10:19 AM
Default Foreign Car Mechanic (Jaguar)

Looking for a good and honest auto-mechanic that has expertise with foreign cars, preferably Jaguars.

We have a nice 2011 Jaguar XF and I prefer to NOT use the dealer(s).
Old 09-02-2019, 01:22 PM

Expert Auto center. 441/27 across from Walmart. Came highly recommend, used once and very pleased with service and price, have classic Mercedes.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:16 PM

I would call Bobby at Accu Tech located on 301, a short distance south of 466 on the east side. I have had work done on my Miata and he is reasonable and HONEST. Don't know his experience working with Jaguars, but have seen many foreign brands in his shop. He is an excellent mechanic -- removed and replaced my defective crankshaft and I have had no issues after that major repair! 352-748-1500 is his phone number.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:29 PM

Thank you, I will check out both!
Old 09-02-2019, 03:15 PM
Platinum member

We had a 2002 VandenPlas Jag and had great service with Automaster in Leesburg. He was great but he retired and sold the business. We sold the Jag and bought a new Cadillac because we couldn't find anyone as good in 2017. Don't go there now, I heard it's not good. Good luck finding a good tech for your Jag. I still miss ours.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8xwb View Post
I would call Bobby at Accu Tech located on 301, a short distance south of 466 on the east side. I have had work done on my Miata and he is reasonable and HONEST. Don't know his experience working with Jaguars, but have seen many foreign brands in his shop. He is an excellent mechanic -- removed and replaced my defective crankshaft and I have had no issues after that major repair! 352-748-1500 is his phone number.
Another vote for Accutech, trust them to work on our BMW.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Another vote for Accutech, trust them to work on our BMW.
Thank you
Old 09-04-2019, 10:46 AM
Veteran member

I stopped at Accutech on 301 a few years back to get something simple done on my 71 Jaguar XKE 2+2 4Xcarb V12 and they wouldn't even look at it. Their response was it was well beyond what they did, they couldn't tie up space it was a small shop (This is not unusual for my Jag XKE).

I've used AutoMasters in Leesburg with the previous owner and the new owner and I have no real complaints. They are not afraid to tackle the issues and have provided me their opinions and estimates to fix. They will spend the time to find parts and order them or give you the option to find the part yourself and order it and they will replace it. The garage is large and so garage space doesn't seem to be an issue. I think the owner is honest and reasonable, and I would go back there but would also willing to try another Jag mechanic if I knew they really had experience with my type of car. My brother has taken his Mercedes and Accura there. I think it's great to have a shop so close that you can take your car to for an opinion and or service. The closest Jag dealer is now in Ocala and I have no idea if they have a mechanic that even saw a jag like mine let along work on it ( I could be surprised I guess). I also have a feeling they wouldn't be cheap! I'm sure they would work on a 2011.

Every auto shop in the US would work on my Chrysler T&C minivan (with various degrees of success from awful to good) but there is a difference in a shop/mechanic that will work on a specialty auto where issues aren't often black or white and the answers require more time/expertise and often aren't as straight forward.

Good Luck I'd like to know how you make out! BTW there is a Jag club if your not a member and are interested in info send me a msg.
Closed Thread

Tags
foreign, jaguar, nice, dealers, jaguars

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.