Fresh Market

Closed Thread
Old 06-13-2017, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
Publix is generally my "go to", except when it comes to fish. I find their selection sorely lacking and the prices ridiculously high ($12/lb for Cod?). Fresh Market has a better seafood counter with variety at lower prices. That, the Dietz & Watson cold cut selection ( better and cheaper than Winn Dixie), and the beef and chicken kabobs in Thomas Sauce are worth the trip for me. I'm glad we have the alternative to shop there. Also looking forward to the opening of the Walmart Neighborhood Market across from Colony!

Now, if we could only get a good gourmet store.
I just returned from Fresh Market. They don't carry Dietz and Watson Roast Beef anymore so I got a half pound of Dans.(That is the one the man said was it's replacement) The only cold cuts that they had with Dietz and Watson were Mortadello and Prosciotto. Neither of which I have ever eaten. I am a Souse, headcheese, Roast Beef, Chicken, Thuringer. Braunsweiger, munchin woman. Went to buy fish and they didn't have any cod and the tilapia was much more than at Publix. And the others were VERY, VERY expensive. I went to see the kabobs and the chicken were $6.99 a pound and that was partially made up of green pepper and onion. Seemed expensive even with the I wanted to try "Thomas Sauce". The steak kabobs were REALLY Expensive. Old habits die hard. I tried to be adventurous and we can afford it but I don't want to spend that much... it is an expensive place.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Fresh Market is a meat and fish market to me. Cod, Gulf shrimp, pork chops, steak and kabobs Will try the Angus burgers at WalMart as their turkey burgers are the best. The bourbon marinated salmon at Publix is great on the grill. Still miss Sweet Bay.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2017, 05:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am writing this all down. Thank you Aloha.

You could copy and paste.

(Also, pass on tilapia)

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)

Last edited by chuckinca; 06-13-2017 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:49 AM
Veteran member

I have now heard back from corporate customer service of Fresh Market. This representative confirms their ground Chuck should be 85% lean. She has notified corporate and store management teams. I an assured that Fresh Market will research and investigate this concern. They will see that the particular store in The Villages is using the proper ratios when making their ground chuck.

BINGO! My belief is probably The Villages store is trying to increase profit by putting in more fat and less meat.
We shall see if things improve.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:36 AM
Veteran member

I go to Fresh Market to buy Bonne Maman preserves (jelly/jam)... but yippee.. I see that Publix now carries that brand.. so bye bye Fresh Market.. ( unless they have buy one get one on crab cakes..)
Old 06-15-2017, 11:05 AM

Hope to see Wegmans makes the way down here.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie2009 View Post
That would be wonderful!
Old 06-15-2017, 11:36 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie2009 View Post
Great Store but do you believe it would be the same Wegman's as you find where you lived and where my family lived in Central New York?
Old 06-15-2017, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Went to a Wegmans at Hunt Valley outside of Baltimore recently. Impressive to say the least.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2017, 12:13 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I just returned from Fresh Market. They don't carry Dietz and Watson Roast Beef anymore so I got a half pound of Dans.(That is the one the man said was it's replacement) The only cold cuts that they had with Dietz and Watson were Mortadello and Prosciotto. Neither of which I have ever eaten. I am a Souse, headcheese, Roast Beef, Chicken, Thuringer. Braunsweiger, munchin woman. Went to buy fish and they didn't have any cod and the tilapia was much more than at Publix. And the others were VERY, VERY expensive. I went to see the kabobs and the chicken were $6.99 a pound and that was partially made up of green pepper and onion. Seemed expensive even with the I wanted to try "Thomas Sauce". The steak kabobs were REALLY Expensive. Old habits die hard. I tried to be adventurous and we can afford it but I don't want to spend that much... it is an expensive place.
Wow! Must have all changed since we went back up north last month. Not a good move if the new management is doing that. My last visit there was 5/1 and those products had not changed nor had the pricing. Thank you for the heads up, GG.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Great Store but do you believe it would be the same Wegman's as you find where you lived and where my family lived in Central New York?
It might very well be. I've actually met Danny Wegman on 2 or 3 occasions and he is dedicated to running a top quality store, as well as being a great employer---it always makes the list of best 50 employers in the country.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
It might very well be. I've actually met Danny Wegman on 2 or 3 occasions and he is dedicated to running a top quality store, as well as being a great employer---it always makes the list of best 50 employers in the country.
Have you ever been in the Canandaigua store? I love it.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Have you ever been in the Canandaigua store? I love it.
Yep. Also the Dewitt store is awesome!
Old 06-15-2017, 04:44 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY
Default weggies moving south

Wegmans will be (or have) opening several stores in North Carolina.. They have a few states to go before reaching the Villages. Have shopped all the Syracuse area stores as well as Johnson City in the Southern Tier
Old 06-15-2017, 04:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuemkt View Post
Wegmans will be (or have) opening several stores in North Carolina.. They have a few states to go before reaching the Villages. Have shopped all the Syracuse area stores as well as Johnson City in the Southern Tier
which one did you like the best???? The one in Auburn was second rate for a Wegman's
Closed Thread

Tags
ground, chuck, past, dry, fact

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.