Funerals, Prepaid, cremation etc...

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Default Funerals, Prepaid, cremation etc...

Has anyone had a good experience with funeral homes. I have just started looking into these matters and am astounded by the half truths and evasions I have encountered. Even where they purport to be a society and turn out to be a funeral home. Getting information from the internet is a mine field and I hate wasting my time but I'm digging through it. If you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thank You Neighbors, Herb
Old 03-06-2011, 03:51 PM

I recently dealt with National Cremation Society of Sarasota on my father's behalf. All went pretty well. Basic price was $1,295 for ashes in a box to be scattered, $1,395 with a nice urn and up to $4,000 with nicest urn, full service, etc.

I understand they are affiliated with funeral homes statewide, but I'm not aware of who that would be in the Ocala-Leesburg-Villages area.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Platinum member

I knew someone in Ohio who had prepaid and the funeral home went under.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Platinum member

We gave Florida Cremation (on Wedgewood Dr) all of our information, but didn't pay any money. We just don't know where we will be at the time. We looked into other places and liked Florida Cremation. They didn't pressure us to give any money, but we could have paid at today's rates. Our Memorial Service would be at our church.
Tampa, FL
Old 03-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I used Neptune Society when my mother died. I know you can pre-pay with them. I found them to be empathetic and truly knew what they were doing. They have an office in Summerfield. http://www.neptunesociety.com/ I don't know how reputable they are here and I do know there have been some issues in Southern California, but they were great in Northern California.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-07-2011, 09:08 AM

Thank you for sharing your private experiences. Herb
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.