Furniture Store Suggestions

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2019, 12:01 PM
Default Furniture Store Suggestions

Looking for a few items like sofa sleeper and lanai furniture. Suggestions on where to shop? At home we shopped at locally owned or Ashley’s.
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,598 Times in 5,194 Posts

Babettes, Whites, or City Furniture. But, many posters will nix City Furniture. I like it because many items you can pick up at the store. You will often see lanai furniture for sale on this web site.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 01-05-2019 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:57 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

Costco. They deliver and set up in your home. Quality beyond approach. You order online. Many more choices than in store, when they have furniture in store.
Old 01-05-2019, 02:09 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
Looking for a few items like sofa sleeper and lanai furniture. Suggestions on where to shop? At home we shopped at locally owned or Ashley’s.
Thanks in advance.

Suggestion: Babbetts or others,,,,,OUTSIDE THE VILLAGES.
Old 01-05-2019, 02:56 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

We used Babette's and were very pleased. They now have a store open in Paddock Square, their main store is on 441 in Leesburg.
Old 01-05-2019, 04:31 PM
Platinum member

We furnished through Babette's and Sam's Club online. Sam's has a lot online that are not at club.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:44 PM

Thank you all. Will definitely check these stores out.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

We have used Babettes, City Furniture and Bargains and Treasures. B & T'S just snagged a Leather Chair with an Ottoman that with delivery was $180 and it is brand new. New for the same thing at Babette's was about $1400. You would never know it was previously owned.

We used Ashley in New Jersey and loved them. Have Fun.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Do yourself a favor and avoid City Furniture like the plague. Nothing but bad comes out of that place. We found that if you are willing to be patient and shop at the used furniture stores and visit estate sales you can get great deals. There is so much turnover in a 55 plus community that very nice used furniture comes on the market almost daily for a fraction of the price of new stuff. We have some of the best furniture that we have ever owned, all bought used, but you would never notice that it was used. Check it out. The only bad furniture in our Villages home, which we wish we never bought, came new and has already broken, from City Furniture.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Lanai furniture Palm Casual. I looked for a year at every furniture store from here to Ocala. They have been great to work with.

I have bought from every furniture store, and only Southern Lifestyle was the only store I did not have some type of problem. Of course all of us seasoned buyers know no store could ever replace Southern Lifestyle.
It has been missed by many
Old 02-07-2019, 04:20 PM

Do not buy from City Furniture. I bought $15,000 worth of furniture from them. I asked for a reasonable accommodation when I had a problem. They just brushed me off. Store General Manager Riedy said all he could do was give me 10% off a new item and I was referred to Customer Service. Customer Service said the store manager can do what they want and I should talk to him again.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:33 PM

We furnished our house through Family Furniture and our lanai through Palm Casual. We tried to use City Furniture for bookcases and a small table. They sold us the bookcases (2) and table, then just before delivery we were told that they only had one bookcase. They allegedly were looking but never contacted us until the delivery day. My better half asked if they would be delivering 2 bookcases and a table, she was told no, so she said forget it.
Old 02-07-2019, 05:57 PM
Default My opinion-my experience

We bought our breakfast table from City Furniture a typical not greatest quality glass top, steel tubing kind of thing. Price was reasonable, service was reasonable, sales person was reasonable.

We bought our mattress from Sears in Ocala about four years ago.
I have no idea if they are even still opened. It was a great experience. Price is/was good when they are on sale. They had many mattresses on display so you could try them out. The one we chose the wife said was ?????? Sears took it back and sold us another harder/ softer I don't know or care much one. The charge was ONLY $15. If, you don't know you cannot legally sell a used mattress so it was a complete loss for either sears or the people who sell to Sears.

I like WOOD. It has to be REAL WOOD not typical press-board covered with paper thin veneer. Some other Villager has posted a complaint about the Amish Furniture Place off 301 in Wildwood. I know what I want, I know QUALITY. They sell semi custom furniture. You can see the standard on the floor and order it bigger, smaller in different REAL WOODS and stained the color you want We have bought from them 4 times, A dining room set, an entertainment center, a buffet, a small dresser and each time we were well pleased. PRICE? There is a vast difference between cheap and VALUE. They are not going to be the cheapest. They do offer THE GREATEST VALUE for what you pay.

Used furniture-we've bought some stuff used from Villagers and from Furniture Barn in Fruitland Park. NOT US but I've heard of people buying used furniture and bringing TERMITES, ROACHES etc into their homes.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:11 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post

Some other Villager has posted a complaint about the Amish Furniture Place off 301 in Wildwood.
I have been waiting for 8 months for them to make good on a desk I bought and paid for 8 months ago. I have opened a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I'm thinking it's a valid complaint.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:27 PM

Amish from the American Midwest or modern décor from the forests of Indonesia? Hardwood from New England, or whatever it is they make in China ?
It used to be if you bought from the furniture triangle in the Carolinas and Georgia you might not get the highest quality furniture, but it would show up in a reasonable time frame and the furniture repair person could deal with the defects. Truer then ever these days, buyer beware !
Closed Thread

Tags
suggestions, furniture, shopped, home, shop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.