Furniture Store Suggestions

Furniture Store Suggestions

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 02-07-2019, 04:20 PM

Do not buy from City Furniture. I bought $15,000 worth of furniture from them. I asked for a reasonable accommodation when I had a problem. They just brushed me off. Store General Manager Riedy said all he could do was give me 10% off a new item and I was referred to Customer Service. Customer Service said the store manager can do what they want and I should talk to him again.

Old 02-07-2019, 04:33 PM

We furnished our house through Family Furniture and our lanai through Palm Casual. We tried to use City Furniture for bookcases and a small table. They sold us the bookcases (2) and table, then just before delivery we were told that they only had one bookcase. They allegedly were looking but never contacted us until the delivery day. My better half asked if they would be delivering 2 bookcases and a table, she was told no, so she said forget it.
Sponsored Links
My opinion-my experience
Old 02-07-2019, 05:57 PM

Default My opinion-my experience

We bought our breakfast table from City Furniture a typical not greatest quality glass top, steel tubing kind of thing. Price was reasonable, service was reasonable, sales person was reasonable.

We bought our mattress from Sears in Ocala about four years ago.
I have no idea if they are even still opened. It was a great experience. Price is/was good when they are on sale. They had many mattresses on display so you could try them out. The one we chose the wife said was ?????? Sears took it back and sold us another harder/ softer I don't know or care much one. The charge was ONLY $15. If, you don't know you cannot legally sell a used mattress so it was a complete loss for either sears or the people who sell to Sears.

I like WOOD. It has to be REAL WOOD not typical press-board covered with paper thin veneer. Some other Villager has posted a complaint about the Amish Furniture Place off 301 in Wildwood. I know what I want, I know QUALITY. They sell semi custom furniture. You can see the standard on the floor and order it bigger, smaller in different REAL WOODS and stained the color you want We have bought from them 4 times, A dining room set, an entertainment center, a buffet, a small dresser and each time we were well pleased. PRICE? There is a vast difference between cheap and VALUE. They are not going to be the cheapest. They do offer THE GREATEST VALUE for what you pay.

Used furniture-we've bought some stuff used from Villagers and from Furniture Barn in Fruitland Park. NOT US but I've heard of people buying used furniture and bringing TERMITES, ROACHES etc into their homes.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post

Some other Villager has posted a complaint about the Amish Furniture Place off 301 in Wildwood.
I have been waiting for 8 months for them to make good on a desk I bought and paid for 8 months ago. I have opened a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I'm thinking it's a valid complaint.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:27 PM

Amish from the American Midwest or modern décor from the forests of Indonesia? Hardwood from New England, or whatever it is they make in China ?
It used to be if you bought from the furniture triangle in the Carolinas and Georgia you might not get the highest quality furniture, but it would show up in a reasonable time frame and the furniture repair person could deal with the defects. Truer then ever these days, buyer beware !
Old 02-07-2019, 06:46 PM

We just ordered lanai furniture from Costco.com as it is currently on sale. Quality and price are typically top notch. Return policy cannot be beat.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:48 PM

Walmart has a large selection of outdoor/lanai furniture online, with select pieces in store. Same for Lowe's and Home Depot. I've been very pleased with my patio set from Walmart.

I haven't been there, but Coral's Casual Patio is in the Best Buy plaza.

You can hardly move in Florida without tripping over someone eager to sell you patio furniture!
Old 02-08-2019, 01:16 AM

We have been picking things on line from City Furniture and visited the store near Spanish Springs last week. We liked what we saw. We visited Babette’s, Whites and almost Perfect Furniture as well and found those all very pricy compared to City. I just noticed that City and Ashley are connected somehow.

So we are looking to get a bedroom set, living room, dining room, bar stools and a den sleeper for about $6,000. Really do not want to spend more than that.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:02 AM
Sage

Our Patio furniture came from palm casual. Sales persons are great to work with, free delivery. if you are not a fan of your choice before 30 days you can return and choose a better fit.
Corals Casual prices are higher than others, but found something that worked in a small area. Was not a fan of delivery guys, and have not used them for any warranty work.

Our furniture came from the most beloved Southern Lifestyle. But in the last 8 years we have bought from City, (great sales person that now works at Babette’s) with no problems.
Ashley, pretty bedroom set, but within a year started having problems with drawers, and finish looked worn, even though it was an unused room.
Whites was easy to work with, but back orders was a down fall.
Costco great furniture, and great delivery.

Tags
suggestions, furniture, shopped, home, shop