Garage Door Opener Servicing

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Garage Door Opener Servicing

Can anyone recommend someone to service (lubricate chain, etc.) a garage door opener? Preferably an individual rather than using one of the companies such as Ro-Mac (who have yet to impress me with their service). Thanks!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Sage

I used Ro-Mac last year and was very satisfied with their workmanship and price.

(The springs operating the garage doors have a life expectancy of around 7 years under normal use - then they break and the door usually drops. Don't walk under a garage door when it is being operated!)

From Wikipedia:

"One blogger said there are only two things to fear in the world: nuclear war and garage door torsion springs.
It may seem like a bit of a stretch to put a spring in that category, but the potential dangers of a torsion spring gone bad, cannot be overemphasized."

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 04-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Sage

Problem is that the last time I used Ro-Mac, it took them 2 weeks to get me an estimate, which really ticked me off. I don't want my door sitting open that long. Over the weekend is bad enough.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

From Virginiatrace best services list.

Used Jeff once and he was excellent and reasonable.

Door Repairs
James Anderson 352-330-1145
Branch Garage Door, Leesburg 352-751-2352
Central Florida Garage Doors 352-694-***5 Sales, Service and repairs for all types/models
Jeff O'Cull Masters Touch Garage Doors 216-0060
Metro West Overhead Doors K.Paul Butler 863-424-4128
Old 04-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Sage

Duh! Totally forgot to check Virginia Trace and it's even on my favorites. Thanks!!!!

Old 04-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Sage

Virginia Trace Website is like the Wikipedia of TV!

http://www.virginiatrace.com/

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 04-10-2011, 03:02 AM

Ah, move your vehicle out of the garage, get up on a ladder and lube the chain and moving parts with a lubricant. Move vehicle back in several hours later.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.