Garage door repair

Closed Thread
Old 09-06-2019, 04:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
To end the thread, I have nothing but positive comments about Ryan O'Cull.

Thank you once again for the tips.
Thanks for letting us know.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:49 PM

FYI to everyone interested: The springs assist in OPENING the door. They will make the door NEARLY weightless when installed correctly. When one (or both) break, you will find it surprisingly difficult to open.

As a PM (preventative measure) you may want to have the springs inspected or replaced when they are 7-10 years old, and then (if not replaced) inspected every 5 years afterward.

PS - I DO NOT recommend this as a DIY item. These springs store a LOT of energy that can HURT YOU BADLY.

Here is some more helpful info

Springs last a long time. Most springs last about 10,000 cycles. Over time though, they weaken and will eventually break.

Springs are the most likely parts to break. When your garage door malfunctions, the springs are the part you’ll most often need to have repaired or replaced.

There are two different types of springs. Your garage door uses either extension springs or torsion coil springs.

Extension springs counterbalance the garage door’s weight raises or lowers.

Torsion coil springs add extra lifting power as the door is raised, which can help the motor to save some energy.

Garage door springs cost about $20 to $30 each. Installation costs for either extension springs or torsion coil springs vary depending on the professional you contract and the amount of labor required. You could pay up to $180 to replace them.

PSS - I suggest that if ONE of your springs break, REPLACE THEM BOTH. The incremental cost is minimal.
Old 09-07-2019, 09:31 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
used Ryan O'Cull 352 617-0522. Search this site for him. He's the best!

Totally Agree!
I will add to the praise for Ryan O'Cull - based on the reviews on this site, we called him when our spring broke on our garage door - he called back within 10 minutes, and set an appointment for early the next day, he was here on time and was done in 30 minutes - both springs & fixed the pull-down cord, as well, for a great price! He has the tools and the knowledge and the willingness to "get it done" - what more do you need!
Closed Thread

Tags
door, garage, repair, broken, experience

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.