Gemca-do not use

Closed Thread
Old 09-16-2021, 08:45 AM
Default Gemca-do not use

DO NOT USE GEMCA. I feel it is my obligations to report the dishonesty and poor service I have recieved from this company so no one else gets ripped off. In April chilling part of my refrigerator died, not the freezer. That worked just fine. I went online to home advisor and got this company which had a 100% satisfaction rating. They were available within 2 days where most everywhere else I called was a week out. He came out charged me almost $500 for the repair, but it was working. Well, 2 weeks ago, the same exact hing happened with the same symptoms, same everything. It was obvious to me it was the same issue. I called since the work was still under warranty. They scheduled the apt the next day. When they didn't show up during the appt time slot, I contacted them and was told they needed to reschedule due to one of their trucks breaking down. They scheduled for the following day. Again, 2 hours AFTER the appt time slot still no one showed up. I contacted them since I had another obligation and rescheduled for Monday (it was currently a friday). Monday appt time comes, again, no show. 4.5 hours later after multiple calls, texts and emails I simply get a picture of a crashed car. No commentary, no phone call, nothing. 2 days later still no contact. I finally called Villages Refrigerator and Small Appliance Repair. They came out 2 days later. Knew exactly what it was, told me a new fan was unnecessary the first time and showed me how the prior repair technician actually busted other parts in my refrigerator The repair was $270. Almost 1/2 the first repair. So not only was I charged double, but he didn't fix the issue and broke other pieces within my frig!!! Not to mention, did not honor the warranty work. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!
Old 11-02-2021, 08:55 AM
Platinum member

Thanks for posting. We won't use them. Send them a link to your Social Media comments. The only way to get dishonest companies closed ow,

Skip
Old 11-02-2021, 12:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,125 Times in 2,240 Posts

OP, file a complaint with BBB and seniors against crime, also if you paid by credit card file a complaint with them also.
Old 11-02-2021, 12:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,613 Times in 5,195 Posts

I would never use Home Advisor to find a contractor, or trust the reviews posted on their website. They are just a website where any contractor can list their services and the reviews are easy to falsify. It is much better to use a local contractor who has local reviews or recommendations. The company mentioned is located in Kissimmee, which is 70 miles from The Villages.
Old 11-02-2021, 01:18 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,176 Times in 757 Posts

Hopefully you paid by credit care, if so, dispute the charge...
Old 11-02-2021, 05:20 PM
Sage

I wouldn't, either. But recently, I did go on the internet to find a contractor for something we needed done within a short time. The outcome was interesting. Angie's popped up in the search results with the names of three contractors. Since I didn't want to communicate with a vendor through the web, but rather by email, so there would be documentation, I wrote down their phone numbers, called the closest one and made a deal for a "good" price.

After the initial contact, the contractor could never be reached after that. In the meantime I got an email from Angie's List asking if I hired one of the three. I figure that my contractor stopped communicating because once he found out I had got his name from Angie he required more profit margin to pay them.
Closed Thread

Tags
repair, time, refrigerator, called, company

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.