GNL Golf in lady lake

Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2019, 08:47 AM
Default GNL Golf in lady lake

Has anyone taken the 3 hour putting clinic at GNL Golf in lady lake who can provide feedback. I’ve searched for reviews but only found 2 good and 2 not so good.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,358 Times in 2,509 Posts

$29 is not crippling to find out.
If it just teaches how to read a green, and repeat a good stroke it would probably be a worthwhile experience.
I spent years ( and money) looking for more distance, before I realised the game was won around, and on the green.
Still trying to convince my grandson of that fact!
As Bobby Locke said, "You drive for show, but putt for dough."
Old 11-25-2019, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I went to their web site, and if you register, they tell you how many "seats" are left in the class on any particular date. Does that mean you sit and listen to someone talk about putting and watch him putt, or is there any hands-on practice? Anyone know? I don't want to call yet and get involved in listening to a spiel.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:13 PM

Well guys I signed up for December 11, I’ll report back.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:20 PM
Sage

If the course is very good, whisper when you get back to us, because if my wife hears, and ever learnt to putt, I would never win another game!
Old 12-11-2019, 02:46 PM

Well I took the clinic this morning. So in a word in my opinion it was worth the time and $29. They present a basic putting stroke, neutral stance and grip moving the shoulders and arms. This is the stroke that you have to embrace. They go through the mechanics of putting and the aforementioned stroke. Then they discuss services they offer and how they can improve your golf stokes. This is a soft sell. Then each student has hands on instruction in the putting technique. My putter was determined to be too short for my stance. Instead of trying to sell me a new putter, they will add an extension ( 1.5 “ ) for $30 or they tell you exactly what is needed for a proper extension and you can get done by another golf shop. Incidentally they have not even charged anyone the $29 advertised price. I learned a lot of information by attending the seminar.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Another service they provide is evaluating your golf clubs to make sure the flex is true which is important to your swing. I know of several folks who had that done and had several shafts changed and their ball striking improved. As I understand it, the guy that owns that place worked for one of the major club manufacturers and worked on the tour with pro's that used their clubs. Seems they are legit.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 12-11-2019, 04:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosells View Post
Well I took the clinic this morning. So in a word in my opinion it was worth the time and $29. They present a basic putting stroke, neutral stance and grip moving the shoulders and arms. This is the stroke that you have to embrace. They go through the mechanics of putting and the aforementioned stroke. Then they discuss services they offer and how they can improve your golf stokes. This is a soft sell. Then each student has hands on instruction in the putting technique. My putter was determined to be too short for my stance. Instead of trying to sell me a new putter, they will add an extension ( 1.5 “ ) for $30 or they tell you exactly what is needed for a proper extension and you can get done by another golf shop. Incidentally they have not even charged anyone the $29 advertised price. I learned a lot of information by attending the seminar.

Thank you for getting back to us with your opinion of clinic.
Old 12-13-2019, 07:39 AM

Further to JoMar comment. Make on mistake John Ford (owner) is a custom club builder. You’re there to buy custom clubs, however the putting seminar is well worth the price of admission make no mistake. I knew my irons were not good quality and that was proven by Johns analysis. I’m now better informed about clubs in general.
Closed Thread

Tags
gnl, lake, good, lady, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.