Honda of Ocala

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Honda of Ocala

:Saw them at the show on Saturday.Spoke with the sales person who said come see me, we'll work something out. Went there today. Saw Troy Vandel the saleperson who between himself and his manager worked out a sweet deal. Left there with the new car. Anyone interested should go visit them Good deal, free lunch, free first year service, free manicure for ladies on Mondays and they donate $ 500.00 to the Moffit Cancer Center building fund for each vehicle purchased. Simply the smoothest purchase and delivery I've every had.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member

did you compare prices with an American car company......gn
Old 10-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Honda

This is our 4th Honda. We're happy with the product and quality. When we were there Sat. we looked at all products with like options which were higher then the Honda we bought.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

i don't believe it, but to each his own...gn
Old 10-25-2010, 09:08 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
did you compare prices with an American car company......gn
Please describe an American car company?
Old 10-25-2010, 09:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

A company with their headquarters registerd in the USA, I think that would be GM, Ford and Chrysler....gn

Last edited by golfnut; 10-25-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Gold member

Quote:
you need me to expalin it to you
The above poster purchased a Honda below is a link as to where all Honda's are built. My guess is that the car he purchased was built in the good old USA.

http://www.carsdirect.com/car-buying...nda-cars-built

I was in retail auto sales for 35 years I have my opinion what an American built car is. I sold Chevrolets for 10 years, Honda's for 15 years and was in the dealer auction business for 10 years. My guess is that I have sold enough cars in 35 years to have a feel for what an american car is.

Where are the cars built that you feel are american cars?

Perhaps your opinion and mine differ. If so we can agree to disagree.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member

you asked a question and i stand by my answer, a company with their headquarters registerd in the USA is an american car company, I think that would be GM, Ford and Chrysler, where is Honda, Hyandi, Suzuki et al (sorry if i misspelled) HQ located, i don't disagree that many foreign car companies have plants in the USA this debate could go on and on, in my mind (and probably not yours) if you live in the USA, I (and I emphasize I as in me) think you support companies headquartered in the USA, if you choose to support foreign companies that is your choice....gn
Old 10-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Gold member

I guess where we differ is that you feel it is important where the CEO hangs his hat and I feel it is important who puts their hands on the product that I purchase. I have two cars both manufactured in the USA (IL & TN) and I have two golf carts both manufactured in the USA (GA) all by American workers. Yes the CEO's of these companies office is not in this country.

GN you are a good guy and I respect your opinion. I am sure that we have had this conversation with many people over the years and our opinions will surely not change.

But back to the original post. Skip0358 congratulations on your new car purchase and I hope you are enjoying your new car.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:15 PM

Yep, it sure is hard to distinguish what is foreign and what is domestic these days. Parts are made all over the world and shipped to different countries for assembly.

If headquarters were in USA and the car assembled in foreign country employing foreign workers, how would that be called an American company? Well, technically it would be a domestic auto but that would not help our unemployment situation, huh?

I purchased domestic cars in the 70's and got mighty peeved at being broken-down on the side of the street every other week. I bought my first Toyota in 1974 when the oil situation was less then ideal and I was amazed that I could go day after day and month after month with no break-downs.

Anyways, if I decided to buy an "American" car, it would be a Ford because they did not take any taxpayer's bailout money. As a matter of fact my last purchase was a toss-up between a Ford or Toyota SUV.

I ended up with the Toyota because of the fabricated campaign against them by the media. I guess we all have a reason for what we purchase.Huh?

All the above is just my opinion only.

Last edited by Ajack; 10-25-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:47 AM
Platinum member

We didn't buy at Ocala but are extremely happy with our 2010 Honda Insight Hybrid! Have never been happier with a car. We get 50-54 mph even in The Villages. Husband makes quite a few trips to Tampa each month. Insight is similar to Prius, but a bit smaller and less expensive. Looked but could not find a Chev, Ford or Crysler with this mileage in this price range. Also, we've always had Honda's and are very happy with them.
Tampa, FL
Old 10-26-2010, 06:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Thanks

Thanks for the comments. I've had both US made? and foreign. I agree with the statements above. How many US companies have outsource their work to foreign companies and the only reason they did it was to make more money.Try calling customer service sometime and see who answers. As for the car, it's solid, great mileage,reliable. Besides as I stated they make a donation to the Moffet Center for each car purchased. I'll try and find some gas made by a US company to pu tin it. Might be very hard !
Old 10-26-2010, 07:33 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Skip, I will bet your car was built right down the road from our Alabama home in Lincoln, AL. I have several friends that work there. Largest Honda plant in the world!

Army Guy
Old 10-26-2010, 07:52 AM
Gold member

Quote:
A company with their headquarters registerd in the USA, I think that would be GM, Ford and Chrysler....gn
hdq in us isnt relavent. i bought a new gmc terrain and it was built in canada by canadians. i dont care where they are built as long as i feel im getting what i want!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 08:11 AM
Gold member

The car sold in the U.S. with the highest % of U.S. sourced parts and components is the Toyota Camry.

The car with the lowest % of U.S. sourced parts and components is a Ford (Focus, I believe). Two or three other Ford models were right near the top.

My last company car was a PT Cruiser, made in Mexico. The one before that an Impala made in Canada.

Things are so global these days it's hard to tell where they come from.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.