Golf Cart Service - Fenney Area

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2020, 11:35 AM
Default Golf Cart Service - Fenney Area

I am new to Florida and the area. In February I purchased a home in Fenney. At the time I also purchased the golf cart from the home owner. The cart was originally purchased from The Villages Golf Cars in 2019 by the person I bought it from.

The other day I noticed a slow leak due to a nail in a front tire. I took the cart to the The Villages Golf Cars service trailer at Grey/Red Fox. They asked if “I” purchased the cart from them. I answered no but the cart was purchased in 2019 from them by the person I purchased the cart from.

I was told they will only service carts purchased from them directly and would not be able to service mine.

While it is their business and they can do as they please, I see this as a terrible business model and makes me not want to ever support their business in the future.

I am looking for recommendations of good cart service providers in the area.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:57 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tralemaster View Post
I am new to Florida and the area. In February I purchased a home in Fenney. At the time I also purchased the golf cart from the home owner. The cart was originally purchased from The Villages Golf Cars in 2019 by the person I bought it from.

The other day I noticed a slow leak due to a nail in a front tire. I took the cart to the The Villages Golf Cars service trailer at Grey/Red Fox. They asked if “I” purchased the cart from them. I answered no but the cart was purchased in 2019 from them by the person I purchased the cart from.

I was told they will only service carts purchased from them directly and would not be able to service mine.

While it is their business and they can do as they please, I see this as a terrible business model and makes me not want to ever support their business in the future.

So sorry to hear about this experience. We were in your situation and had great service on our second hand golf cart, always have. What we found was we can absolutely get our cart serviced, but the appointment is on a first come first service basis. Had we purchased directly from the store, we would have been given an appointment. Again, your experience is unfortunate and do speak to a manager. Our "used" cart has always been serviced properly by The Villages Golf Cart store. Being on Fenney side, I believe there is a $30 or $35 towing fee to Brownwood for used carts. You might want to call Villages Kart Aide 352-409-5853 and see if you can sign up maybe they can help you. It's a good service to have in any event. Good luck.

Last edited by Debfrommaine; 08-08-2020 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:44 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

I make it a point to go up the ladder when I'm not treated properly. Find out who is the general manager and get face to face with him/her and voice your displeasure.
A friend ours had bought a new car and it was a lemon from the start. The dealer refused to correct the problems so she put a sign on her car stating that the dealership sold her this lemon and refused to correct the car's many problems. It didn't take long for the owner to contact her and tell her to bring the car in for repair. The squeeky wheel gets the grease.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:50 PM

We purchased our cart from a resident who bought from Villages CRT and had to depart sooner than anticipated. We had the warranty and ownership transferred, and thus continued the existing warranty.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

OP, for this instance, take off the entire tire (with rim) and take to Wildwood tire for repair then reinstall, as for the dealer, i would call and see if you can schedule an appointment.
Old 08-09-2020, 01:30 PM
Default Cart Repair when The Villages Golf Cart refuses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tralemaster View Post

I, too, received the same response to not having bought by used cart from them. Call Willie's Cart Repair, they did a fantastic job diagnosing my problem and fixing it. They came to my house with their repair trailer and worked on my cart out in the street. Awesome job and great service. Not sure if they fix tires, though.

Willies' Cart Repair - 352-255-1369
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, purchased, service, golf, business

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.