Good hair stylists

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2011, 10:34 AM

Props to Victoria Hair Co.! Victoria does my hair (naturally curly, thinning, and I'm on lotsa medication: can we speall "high maintenance?"). She does wonders for me--and everyone who leaves that salon does so with great looking hair!

PS: this is my first post--I'm so excited to be living here and now a member of TOTV..
Old 01-29-2011, 10:35 AM

hahahahahahah @ my previous post: I need to learn how to spell "spell!" duh!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:48 AM

First of all, let me say I'm picky! I wear my hear short but still want to look like a girl. Have fine hair but lots of it. Golf, swim, etc. so I need something that looks OK when you've been in the golf cart. Not a big fan of hard, crunchy hair! Anybody out there know somebody who can do this style and kind of hair?
Old 02-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyGirly View Post
Props to Victoria Hair Co.! Victoria does my hair (naturally curly, thinning, and I'm on lotsa medication: can we speall "high maintenance?"). She does wonders for me--and everyone who leaves that salon does so with great looking hair!

PS: this is my first post--I'm so excited to be living here and now a member of TOTV..
Welcome to you! I am glad you have landed and unloaded and are now unleashing. You seem to be my kinda girl!

Hope you have at least 1000 years in Paradise and each is better than the last!!

Hugs,
Gracie.....girl
Old 02-05-2011, 10:19 AM

Okay, now my day is made. Gracie, I love reading your posts (I think we were related in another time dimension), you are one of THE brightest lights of TOTV--welcoming, understanding, insightful, able to gently get your point across even when it's obvious you are grinding your teeth, and funny, funny, funny. Signed, Gracie Groupie (Don't be nervous, I'm not into stalking...)
Old 02-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Gold member

I have curly, wavy, and frizzy hair. Keeping it short helps so I get it cut by Sharon at Cal's, Colony Plaza. $14.00 for haircut.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 02-06-2011, 07:16 PM

Are there any salons in The Villages that use Aveda hair color?
Old 02-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Smile

Brittany at Color Me on 466. Excellent
Old 02-18-2011, 06:52 AM

Whitney at Urban Hair Studio in Oxford. Just off of CR 466 near Bargains and Treasures. Excellent colorist & stylist.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:11 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by joycenemetz View Post
Are there any salons in The Villages that use Aveda hair color?
Hi Joyce, unfortunately there isn't an Aveda salon in The villages, here's the link for the salon locations: http://www.aveda.com/templates/door/usa_results.tmpl

I could be wrong, but I don't think Aveda has hair color, seems to me the caustic ingredients in hair color go against their mission of being green with botanical ingredients.

However, sometimes you can call a salon and ask if they will use a brand of color that you want and if you bring it, they will use it.

Good Luck!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-18-2011, 08:42 AM
Veteran member

I used to go to an Aveda salon up north and she did use color! They don't "do" perms!

Finding a stylist is trial and error. Everyone's hair is different and what works with one person won't probably, for another. Just my experience anyway.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAjd View Post
I used to go to an Aveda salon up north and she did use color! They don't "do" perms!

Finding a stylist is trial and error. Everyone's hair is different and what works with one person won't probably, for another. Just my experience anyway.
Yes JenAjd, I didn't see it on their website until I checked deeper, they do have color... Sorry about that!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-18-2011, 09:57 AM

I use Dina at Tuscany. She does my cut and color. She is great.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Default Tuscany Day Spa

I go to Tuscany Day Spa in Lake Sumter Landing. Dina is good but I see Helen. Plus their staff is wonderful!
Old 04-15-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitakk View Post
First of all, let me say I'm picky! I wear my hear short but still want to look like a girl. Have fine hair but lots of it. Golf, swim, etc. so I need something that looks OK when you've been in the golf cart. Not a big fan of hard, crunchy hair! Anybody out there know somebody who can do this style and kind of hair?
I went to Parker at Root 466 yesterday, told him to "cut it off". It's getting hot and I'm in the pool every day. He gave me what I think is a really cute pixie cut, still feminine and soft. This morning I jumped out of bed, showered, towel dried the little bit of hair I now have, threw some Bed Head Manipulator on it, a little lipstick, a little mascara, 2 classes, a run into town to do errands, a jump in the pool and can I say I think I look great? Haircut, styling and shampoo by Parker-- $25, coffee--free, headmassage--priceless!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.