Good hair stylists

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Veteran member

I have Tamara at Urban Hair - wonderful haircut. I'm so happy.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:39 PM
Sage

HeyGirly,

Love your screen name. Anybody who thinks Gracie is "welcoming, understanding, insightful, able to gently get (her) point across even when it's obvious (she is) grinding (her) teeth, and funny, funny, funny" is...

...right on the money.

Please keep posting. Something tells me you're like that too!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:12 AM

I have hair similar to yours. Did you ever find a stylist you like?
Old 05-29-2011, 01:50 PM

I have been going to the same hair stylist for the last 10 years. Her name is Natalie and she works at Argo Hair. She always listens to what i want and may make a few suggestions of her own. I literally have people stop and ask me constantly who does my hair. I think you would be happy with her.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Roger at Roots on Southern Trace Plaza recently styled my hair and am really pleased. He listened to my ideas, added his own and voila.....success.

My daughter who is visiting from MA also had her hair styled by Joshua at Roots and was extremely pleased and told Josh that she will have to fly down for her next appt. (J/K) Daughter returned to MA yesterday.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 05-29-2011, 03:09 PM

Natalie at Argo Hair Salon on 441 across from Cracker Barrel.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Thumbs up New Hair Salon

I've been going to Chadia's Hair Salon! - They just recently opened in Lady Lake. She did a wonderful color change on my hair and my cut finally "moves"! I've been trying to get a nice feel in my hair for YEARS!.

Call her - she's at 510 County Road 466, Suite #104A - 352-750-2335. Let her know that Tall Terri sent you. She and her ladies will help you with anything that's stressing you about your hair.

Professional facials as well!!

Just a quick comment - I've yet to see the hair cuts looking the same for everybody - unlike some other salons I've visited. also - no "old lady" looks!
Old 06-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Gold member

OH OH, I have a feeling that my days are numbered with my ponytail. I have not worn it any other way since I retired. I have zero patience for messing with hair and makeup, but with the heat, I might have to sacrifice the ptail....Anything longer then brush, put in scrunchy is beyond me....
Old 06-29-2011, 07:05 PM

I go to Dolly at Shear Madness on 441 in Spanish Plaines. She's good, gives a good haircut and is not over the top in prices.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydoc View Post
OH OH, I have a feeling that my days are numbered with my ponytail. I have not worn it any other way since I retired. I have zero patience for messing with hair and makeup, but with the heat, I might have to sacrifice the ptail....Anything longer then brush, put in scrunchy is beyond me....
I'm with you ladydoc - definitely low maintenance although I have a lot of high maintenance friends. Just shake my head at the time they take on such ministrations.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:56 PM
Platinum member

I went to Parker at Root 466 when we first arrived and when I got home my husband wanted to know why I never looked that good when I got home from an appointment in NC. Enough said! Parker is young but he sure knows how to treat us "more mature clientelle"!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:02 PM

After reading posts here, I went to Victoria Hair Co on 466 last year. Couldn't be more pleased with the condition of my hair now that Victoria has been doing it for several months. It was in bad shape when I went to her (naturally curly, color-enhanced, and thinning) , but is now looking great. I'm so glad I found her!
Old 07-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Default Dina at Tuscany Salon

Does anyone know where Dina, who was a hair stylist at Tuscany Day Salon, has gone? I just got a call that my appointment is cancelled because she no longer works there. If anyone knows I would appreciate it.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:48 PM
Thumbs up Thank you for posting about Parker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapple View Post
I went to Parker at Root 466 yesterday, told him to "cut it off". It's getting hot and I'm in the pool every day. He gave me what I think is a really cute pixie cut, still feminine and soft. This morning I jumped out of bed, showered, towel dried the little bit of hair I now have, threw some Bed Head Manipulator on it, a little lipstick, a little mascara, 2 classes, a run into town to do errands, a jump in the pool and can I say I think I look great? Haircut, styling and shampoo by Parker-- $25, coffee--free, headmassage--priceless!

I had my done by Parker today based on your recommendation of him and am I glad. He listened to what I wanted - a pixie type of cut that I could just wash and towel or finger dry and that could either be spiked or brushed forward/back. I have gone to other stylists and shown them pics of what I wanted only to have them do what THEY wanted instead. He didn't need a pic, he just listened to what I said I would like as the final result and delivered that. What a joy!

I will definately be going back to him when I need it trimmed!

N. Reading, MA; Hampstead, NH; last stop SummerChase Cottages,TV!
Old 07-23-2011, 11:57 AM

If anyone is looking for her, I found Dina at Cal's Barber Shop in Spanish Springs. She is a great hair stylist and I would highly recommend her.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.