Traffic Ticket Attorney Needed

Closed Thread
Old 05-16-2013, 09:44 PM
Question Traffic Ticket Attorney Needed

In south Florida we have attorneys who handle traffic violations and get you off with no points and often no driving school.

Does anyone know if there are any attorneys in TV area that does this.

I didn't get a ticket but like to know who to call if I do get one.

Last edited by OurHappyHome; 05-16-2013 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Edit
Old 05-17-2013, 06:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default boyhowdy

My feelings on this is ...

that I would just drive carefully, and obey the laws but everyone is different.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:18 AM
Gold member

Guess that comes under the "peace of mind" file.....
Old 05-17-2013, 06:32 AM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

Unbelievable!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:48 AM
Platinum member

Dear DoctorA,
You seem like a sincere guy, and a relatively new member of TOTV. I think you will find that some replies to your question are influenced by personal experience of dangerous driving in TV.
It can be a variety of reasons - as we age, our reflexes are slower and attention span shorter. Unfamiliarity with the area, paths, and round-abouts. "Bending" the rules for golf cart drivers. But many people have seen accidents, been in accidents, or have seen accidents waiting to happen.
If that is still fresh in their minds, they may have more of an emotional reaction to a request to "get off without punishment" for traffic violations, or avoid taking safe driving courses.
I like Gracie's approach - good for everyone!

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 05-17-2013, 08:28 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

I thought it was a reasonable question which no one answered.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:54 AM

I drive slower up here as these golf carts are scary to share the road with. But down here you can get a ticket for stoping for 2 seconds and not 3 at a stop sign. It is good to have the phone stocked with numbers that you MAY need. But I agree about driving being a bit more dangerous. Our first week we almost got killed, I wrote about it on TOTV.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts
Default Nolo Com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorA View Post
I drive slower up here as these golf carts are scary to share the road with. But down here you can get a ticket for stoping for 2 seconds and not 3 at a stop sign. It is good to have the phone stocked with numbers that you MAY need. But I agree about driving being a bit more dangerous. Our first week we almost got killed, I wrote about it on TOTV.
- Florida Traffic Tickets Lawyers, Attorneys and Law Firms | Nolo.com

This MIGHT be a good resource. I agree that there are some bad drivers here in the Villages of golf carts, cars, trucks, etc.

Nolo.com seems like a very reputable business.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Sage

It's a relief I'm not the only one who finds traffic here difficult. I need to downsize my suv to something with a center of gravity that handles the circles. Hopefully the additional size/speed of sharing w/carts will make us all more aware of others. Colony plaza is especially busy...
Old 05-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Sage

We spent most of our working life in Washington D.C. and the last few before retirement in Atlanta Georgia. I see NO PROBLEM negotiating the traffic in the Villages. It is safer here than in my past locations by far.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:17 AM
Default MJ

We just visited the villages and noticed that the traffic was quite light in June. How much of a change would we see in the winter? How many residents are snow birds versus year round residents?
Old 06-30-2013, 12:33 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirky3 View Post
Dear DoctorA,
You seem like a sincere guy, and a relatively new member of TOTV. I think you will find that some replies to your question are influenced by personal experience of dangerous driving in TV.
It can be a variety of reasons - as we age, our reflexes are slower and attention span shorter. Unfamiliarity with the area, paths, and round-abouts. "Bending" the rules for golf cart drivers. But many people have seen accidents, been in accidents, or have seen accidents waiting to happen.
If that is still fresh in their minds, they may have more of an emotional reaction to a request to "get off without punishment" for traffic violations, or avoid taking safe driving courses.
I like Gracie's approach - good for everyone!
quirky3 albimente! clever well stated
Old 06-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Sage

Not sure if the "Doctor" screen name is literal, but:

The original post is a lot like saying:

"Here in NY, we have attorneys who handle medical malpractice violations cited by the State medical licensing board, and they get you off with no license suspensions/revocations, and often no ordered remedial education/training.

I didn't get cited by the state medical licensing board but like to know who to call if I do injure a patient while being impaired or negligent."

I'd say that is why there were some adverse reactions to the post.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Not sure if the "Doctor" screen name is literal, but:

The original post is a lot like saying:

"Here in NY, we have attorneys who handle medical malpractice violations cited by the State medical licensing board, and they get you off with no license suspensions/revocations, and often no ordered remedial education/training.

I didn't get cited by the state medical licensing board but like to know who to call if I do injure a patient while being impaired or negligent."

I'd say that is why there were some adverse reactions to the post.
It might seem like that. And, to some degree maybe it is but on a lower order of magnitude. Traffic Attorneys do help though. Within 5 miles of my home there are so many speed limits which I am not used to. Usually in a residential area it is 30 but here in some areas it is 20 and I have not figured it all out yet. In 25 years of practice I never had a malpractice claim but I have been in the traffic situation a time or two. So I must be a better doctor than a driver. But one time it was for not counting to three at a stop sign. I always stop but it wasn't long enough for the police officer. This can be a bit subjective you know.

The one thing I can agree on most is that there are a lot of drivers not paying attention, don't know how to use the circles, just seem less with it than the crazy ones I am used to. I think it is making me a better driver, because I tend to look at everyone on the road as a potential problem, thus drive more defensively. Maybe that is good.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimesonM View Post
We just visited the villages and noticed that the traffic was quite light in June. How much of a change would we see in the winter? How many residents are snow birds versus year round residents?
I think your post didn't get noticed because it was on another topic. My street has 13 Courtyard Villas, 9 are full time residents and 4 are snowbirds. I would believe overall that about 40% are snowbirds. The biggest influx in Jan thru April, but it does start to pick up October. I think that latest population I read was 103,000, that would probably be about 60,000 permanent and 40,000 snowbirds.

There is a huge difference on the roads and the restaurants and at the squares. Also the golf courses. We normally make a teetime request a week in advance, however this time of year we just go online and pick out an open teetime for a twosome a day or two ahead of time.

My neighbor and I played golf Friday at Glenview (championship course), got rained out, so when we got back we took a teetime for Monday at Palmer (championship course). In the winter, even though the green fees are double, we would be very lucky to find a time for a twosome that we could finish 18 holes before dark. On the executive courses, forget it, there is never any open times until at least 4pm in the winter, maybe a single person might find one. How much daylight are you going to have at 4pm in January, not much. This is the time of year we have to really get out and enjoy TV's and the golf courses.

/
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.