Great Lakes Carpet & Tile

Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2017, 10:10 AM
Default Great Lakes Carpet & Tile

Jan.,2014 I purchased Mohawk Berber carpeting for our MBR & GBR thru Great Lakes Carpet & Tile, Inc., located on N US Highway 441, Lady Lake.
Oct.,2015 Repair needed in Master bedroom in front of dresser - cut & run Berber, cost $125. This pull was made as I was vacuuming with a Dyson vacuum.
The carpet continued to look flat , frayed & old for its age. Approximately a month ago, another VERY large pull was made between the master bedroom & bath. Again , while vacuuming. This time I was using my Shark. Decided that the carpeting had to go!!!
Went to Great Lakes Carpet & Tile, Inc. to look at flooring, as well as other installers. At Great Lakes we were told by the salesmen that this carpet needs to be looked at. He stated “the carpet, being only 3 years old could be defective." We agreed & the process began or should I say, run around took place. After many phone calls, visit by a measurer (for tile), installer supervisor & finally the manager of the store, we are at a stand still.
Solution 1 -The manager states that the rug can be repaired by stretching, cutting & applying a latex solution. He will also have the carpet professionally cleaned at his expense.
Solution 2- The manger will “work with us in the purchase & installation of another flooring” with his company.
Verbal reason (company manager has refused to put reasons in writing) for the denial of a claim to Mohawk is;
1. We used vacuums that have bristles. I personally thought all did.
2. We did not have our rugs professionally cleaned every 12-18 months.
3. The carpet is repairable

WE HAVE ALL THE ORIGINAL PAPERWORK ON OUR PURCHASE WITH THIS COMPANY. NO WHERE DOES IT STATE ANYTHING IN REGARDS TO WASHING OF CARPETS OR USE OF VACUUMS. NEITHER DID A VERBAL EXCHANGE EVER TAKE PLACE AT TIME OF SALE.
WE REFUSE TO HAVE THEM BACK INTO OUR HOME TO DO ANY WORK, WOULD YOU?????
CALL 352-633-8720 WITH QUESTIONS/CONCERNS RAY & GLORIA
Old 06-21-2017, 10:49 AM
Platinum member

Last edited by Fraugoofy; 10-12-2017 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:15 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleswoman View Post
Jan.,2014 I purchased Mohawk Berber carpeting for our MBR & GBR thru Great Lakes Carpet & Tile, Inc., located on N US Highway 441, Lady Lake.
Oct.,2015 Repair needed in Master bedroom in front of dresser - cut & run Berber, cost $125. This pull was made as I was vacuuming with a Dyson vacuum.
The carpet continued to look flat , frayed & old for its age. Approximately a month ago, another VERY large pull was made between the master bedroom & bath. Again , while vacuuming. This time I was using my Shark. Decided that the carpeting had to go!!!
Went to Great Lakes Carpet & Tile, Inc. to look at flooring, as well as other installers. At Great Lakes we were told by the salesmen that this carpet needs to be looked at. He stated “the carpet, being only 3 years old could be defective." We agreed & the process began or should I say, run around took place. After many phone calls, visit by a measurer (for tile), installer supervisor & finally the manager of the store, we are at a stand still.
Solution 1 -The manager states that the rug can be repaired by stretching, cutting & applying a latex solution. He will also have the carpet professionally cleaned at his expense.
Solution 2- The manger will “work with us in the purchase & installation of another flooring” with his company.
Verbal reason (company manager has refused to put reasons in writing) for the denial of a claim to Mohawk is;
1. We used vacuums that have bristles. I personally thought all did.
2. We did not have our rugs professionally cleaned every 12-18 months.
3. The carpet is repairable

WE HAVE ALL THE ORIGINAL PAPERWORK ON OUR PURCHASE WITH THIS COMPANY. NO WHERE DOES IT STATE ANYTHING IN REGARDS TO WASHING OF CARPETS OR USE OF VACUUMS. NEITHER DID A VERBAL EXCHANGE EVER TAKE PLACE AT TIME OF SALE.
WE REFUSE TO HAVE THEM BACK INTO OUR HOME TO DO ANY WORK, WOULD YOU?????
CALL 352-633-8720 WITH QUESTIONS/CONCERNS RAY & GLORIA
Did a Mohawk rep come & look at it ?
Old 06-21-2017, 11:21 AM

We had Berber installed on our Lanai by Great Lakes--no problems
Old 06-21-2017, 07:17 PM

I also purchased Carpet through Great Lakes last August. They made it very clear if you do not have the carpet professionally cleaned every 12 to 18 months it voids the warranty! So come August / September time frame I will be having the carpet professionally cleaned. Berber is very well known that it is easy to get a pull and once it pulls it will run big time. I do not recommend Barber for any house. I personally would have the Berber taken up by somebody and replaced with whatever you want. But I do not think Great Lakes is responsible. Sorry!
Old 06-22-2017, 12:16 AM
Sage

We have had Berbers in 3 houses going back 25 years and have never had a single issue with a pull. The Berbers were all high quality and that might be the explanation. There are specific pad requirements and the installation can be more difficult than other carpets. Not all Berbers are created equal. I would go as far to say that we would never install anything but a high quality Berber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagerNut View Post
I also purchased Carpet through Great Lakes last August. They made it very clear if you do not have the carpet professionally cleaned every 12 to 18 months it voids the warranty! So come August / September time frame I will be having the carpet professionally cleaned. Berber is very well known that it is easy to get a pull and once it pulls it will run big time. I do not recommend Barber for any house. I personally would have the Berber taken up by somebody and replaced with whatever you want. But I do not think Great Lakes is responsible. Sorry!

Last edited by biker1; 06-22-2017 at 12:29 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
carpet, great, tile, lakes, solution

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.