Great service from Munn's

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2019, 04:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,597 Times in 5,193 Posts
Default Great service from Munn's

My air conditioner stopped working this morning. At 10 AM, I called Munn's, they came to my house a 3 PM, and replaced the capacitor in about 10 minutes. I have no service agreement with them. There was no charge because my house is only about 3 years old and this was warranty work. I just have 2 comments. Munn's did a great job on the weekend, even though I don't have a service agreement, which I don't believe in buying. And, the first thing the guy checked was the capacitor, so I wonder why Carrier doesn't just design a better capacitor for their equipment, or install a backup capacitor in their units. The guy told me that it is almost always the capacitor that shuts the system down.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Here is Carrier Customer Service. I bet they can answer better than on here.
Contact information, press contacts, general inquiries, customer support | Carrier air conditioning, heating and refrigeration
Old 07-20-2019, 04:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Thanks. I didn't really expect an answer on this thread, but I did send Carrier a question.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Thanks. I didn't really expect an answer on this thread, but I did send Carrier a question.
Did you ask them to build an Air conditioned Dome down here?
Old 07-20-2019, 05:30 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

The real question is now that you know the cap is the weakest link in the system did you order one from Amazon for $10.85 to have on hand?

Or will you be a wise homeowner and simply replace it every year and never worry about Munn's performing this simple task?

Of course you could believe the posters here that frequent this board who state (in no particular order)

You will electrocute your self because you didn't shut off the power

You need to call the manufacturer

You will void your warranty

You will blow out your pacemaker

It is so complicated that as an engineer you could not possibility perform this task (but a HS grad can)

And similar comments.
Old 07-20-2019, 06:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
The real question is now that you know the cap is the weakest link in the system did you order one from Amazon for $10.85 to have on hand?

Or will you be a wise homeowner and simply replace it every year and never worry about Munn's performing this simple task?

Of course you could believe the posters here that frequent this board who state (in no particular order)

You will electrocute your self because you didn't shut off the power

You need to call the manufacturer

You will void your warranty

You will blow out your pacemaker

It is so complicated that as an engineer you could not possibility perform this task (but a HS grad can)

And similar comments.
I agree with your comments, and I am an engineer, but I may just let the pros handle my hvac system at this time in my life. They need the money more than I do.
Closed Thread

Tags
capacitor, munns, service, agreement, guy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.