Beware Of Superior Of Florida Pest Control

Closed Thread
Old 09-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Default Beware Of Superior Of Florida Pest Control

New homeowners--BEWARE! Superior Pest Control and perhaps others are contacting new homeowners and trying to sell them termite protection at $500 a pop + a yearly renewal fee. DO NOT BUY THIS IT IS A SCAM! If you have purchased a new home in The Villages, your home was treated as it was being built and does not require a retreatment after you move in. Superior also says they will transfer the Termite Bond from the current pest control company (the one who originally did your treatment and has the sticker on your electrical box) and take over that bond. I have spoken to both Dean's and Home Warranty and both have assured me those bonds do not, I repeat DO NOT transfer. You do not need to pay $500 for treatment. Just renew your current bond with the company who did the original work each year. It will cost you around $150 and they will inspect each year. Far less than the $500 Superior is collecting for something that doesn't even need to be done!
Old 09-14-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjadams View Post
New homeowners--BEWARE! Superior Pest Control and perhaps others are contacting new homeowners and trying to sell them termite protection at $500 a pop + a yearly renewal fee. DO NOT BUY THIS IT IS A SCAM! If you have purchased a new home in The Villages, your home was treated as it was being built and does not require a retreatment after you move in. Superior also says they will transfer the Termite Bond from the current pest control company (the one who originally did your treatment and has the sticker on your electrical box) and take over that bond. I have spoken to both Dean's and Home Warranty and both have assured me those bonds do not, I repeat DO NOT transfer. You do not need to pay $500 for treatment. Just renew your current bond with the company who did the original work each year. It will cost you around $150 and they will inspect each year. Far less than the $500 Superior is collecting for something that doesn't even need to be done!
THANK YOU! We close on our newly built home on Oct. 12 I would not have know any of this! Thank you again so much.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:15 PM

I do not believe Superior Services is trying to scam anyone. What they are offering for $500.00 is life of Termite protection (no renewal fee every year of $150.00) as long as you have another yearly service like your lawn or bug control done by Superior Services. If you are a new home owner you do not need to purchase this until a year is up.. So you either pay $150.00 renewal fee every year or a one time fee of $500.00 and be coved for life. Yes they want you to have one of their other services yearly but most likely you were going to have someone do it anyway. They have been in business For at least 17 years so I do not think they are going anywhere soon.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Platinum member

I agree with Bernie. I hired Superior when I was in town last week, They signed me up for their triple play. Fertilizer, insect protection and treatment for shrubs. Mitch Bolton ( I believe is the owner) treated everything inside the house including light switches with a bug spray. The following day he returned with a crew and they fertilized the lawn. I thought they were professional and there was no mention of termite treatment.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:34 PM
Sage

When we purchased our resale, Superior told us there was nine months left on the contract paid by the previous owners for pest control, termite protection and lawn service. Therefore, they would continue to provide these services at our home at no charge until the term was up. They didn't have to tell us that. During that time, they were responsive and did a great job.

When the contract period was up, they asked if we wanted to renew with them and we did. They have continued to do a great job.

From where I sit, they have been honest, responsive and professional. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:29 PM

We're 100% behind Superior, as are many of our neighbors. Had Massey when we bought but thought they were outrageous for renewal, switched to Bates who did less than nothing, and then found Superior through a neighbor.

We dealt with Mitch and he laid everything out - no tricks, no ploys, no bait & switch, no bs.

If we have a problem in any area, we call and they show up in the next day or two and fix it.

Miles does our fertilization and does a great job in our yard. Knows his stuff.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Veteran member
Default we're happy

We are happy with Superior, came highly recommended, have yet to see a bug in six months.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Sage

You can add me to their happy customers.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:38 PM

You can add us as happy customers, they are wonderful to work with and are just a phone call away if you need them. Mitch is the BEST!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSam View Post
You can add us as happy customers, they are wonderful to work with and are just a phone call away if you need them. Mitch is the BEST!!!
Me too.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:16 PM

I am a happy customer too
Old 09-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Gold member

I have used Superior for over 5 years and have been very satisfied with their work. If you have a problem they come right out and take care of it. I would highly recommend them. I have heard "horror" stories of some other companies in the same business.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 09-21-2010, 12:23 PM

We have had Superior Pest Control for 2 years. They ARE NOT a Scam. They do a great job. Anyone say's different they don't know what they are talking about. Mitch is a great guy and will help you anytime you need it. We have one of the best looking lawns.
If you have a problem they come out right away. I would RECOMMEND them to everyone.

NO BUGS IN MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Default Superior

We built in Pennecamp in January and have used Superior from the start. I have been very pleased with them. They were not pushy and explained everything. They have come very quickly when we had a problem and there routine care has been good. They have worked diligently getting the yard and the shrubs established. It sounded like the first blog about Superior may not have understood everything exactly.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:31 PM

AGREE MOMAR ,I am a builder from the north and i am quite familiar with working with contractors, Mitch is a Good decent man and Miles services my property also and is a stand up Gentleman.
The Only thing i do is Give Miles a cold bottle of water when he's there and he Smiles and gives me a world of Knowledge.
I am a hard Cookie to keep happy and doubt with contracts all my life, This company is OK!
I think the first gentleman misunderstand Mitch and i hope he calls him to clear up the misunderstanding.
Massey charges a yearly renewal and Superior is a one shot deal at 500 or close to that.
They 500.00 hurts at first but if you folks are a FROG like us its worth it in the long run if your not going anywhere and i believe it is transferable to the new owner, but check and see.
I also had a problem with ants in my yard due to being next to a Golf course and said Boo and they were there the next day and killed them dead as a door nail.
Call Mitch my friend and he will straighten out the misunderstanding.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.