Groome transportion-horrible!

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2020, 07:49 AM
Default Groome transportion-horrible!

Daughter scheduled them for a flight this morning..
Called them last night to confirm pickup....supposed to be there for a 5am pick up.
THEY NEVER SHOWED UP. She called at 5:35 and was told the driver has a 40 minute window and there's still another 5 minutes in that window!. after another 20 minutes, and not able to reach the driver herself, their office tried to reach driver, and also no luck. said they would send another shuttle...….and THAT ONE ALSO never showed. Girl answering the phone was RUDE and abrupt.
And address is in one of the well established villages so it isn't that they couldn't find the address on google.
She had to rebook flight for tomorrow at an extra expense, extra day off work, etc...…
she is waiting to talk to the operations manager

they will go under quickly because of poor setup up and poor operations.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:01 AM

I called them to book for my summer trip and after 10+ rings, I hung up. I booked the Villages Airport Shuttle. They have never disappointed me.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 02-17-2020, 11:16 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

I've always had very reliable service from "Village Airport Van" and I'll stay with them.
Old 02-17-2020, 02:27 PM
Gold member

We started using private driver's about 2 years ago and couldn't be happier. Door to door and the cost is compatible to any of the other services. We have traveled out of Orlando, Sanford and Tampa with no issues ever. Unfortunately folks looking for a quick bargain are winding up on the short end and having to pay a much higher price in the end.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 02-17-2020, 03:40 PM

Who do you use?
Old 02-17-2020, 05:59 PM
Gold member

I used them last week and everything was perfect both ways
Old 02-17-2020, 07:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

So many new threads targeting one new business, and most of the posters are new to TOTV
One of the posters was even quoting how they were let down some months ago, yet the business only started early this month.

Makes you think someone has an agenda!!
Old 02-18-2020, 06:22 AM

Which private driver do you use?
Old 02-18-2020, 06:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
So many new threads targeting one new business, and most of the posters are new to TOTV
One of the posters was even quoting how they were let down some months ago, yet the business only started early this month.

Makes you think someone has an agenda!!
Yep. Starting to look like a campaign designed to eliminate the competition. Considering that there are some positive comments, I am disregarding these threads and will consider Groome in the future.
Old 02-18-2020, 07:13 AM

Same here Kahuna32162. We started using private transportation services. No problems. Great service. Prices comparable to other services but less worry.
Old 02-18-2020, 07:57 AM

Who are people using for private drivers to the airport?? Thanks
Old 02-18-2020, 08:17 AM

So sorry you had an issue. We have used them twice with no issue at all. They give a window rather than an exact time which is very different than the other shuttle to airport. They did show up within the hour window they gave us for
Pick up. That can be a bit nerve racking. If you want to save $20 use them. If you want an exact pick up time for $40 use the other one. Luckily we have had a good experience both times we used Groome.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:55 AM
Veteran member

I used Groome last week with no issues. The cost was $19.They were on time and the driver was courteous and friendly. I called the night before to reconfirm and someone answered the phone right away.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebu View Post
Daughter scheduled them for a flight this morning..
Called them last night to confirm pickup....supposed to be there for a 5am pick up.
THEY NEVER SHOWED UP. She called at 5:35 and was told the driver has a 40 minute window and there's still another 5 minutes in that window!. after another 20 minutes, and not able to reach the driver herself, their office tried to reach driver, and also no luck. said they would send another shuttle...….and THAT ONE ALSO never showed. Girl answering the phone was RUDE and abrupt.
And address is in one of the well established villages so it isn't that they couldn't find the address on google.
She had to rebook flight for tomorrow at an extra expense, extra day off work, etc...…

Now don't take me wrong when I comment on your comment, but I've been hearing about this transportation company for a week & a half now. Why doesn't ever body just quit calling them. Surely the TV people aren't so tight with their money that they can't just spend 40 or $50. to take TV transportation. I know you just want everybody to be aware of this cheating company. It just seems like people just want to have everything go right so they can come here & tell us how great their service was. I believe you & I won't call this crooked transportation outfit. Thank you!
Old 02-18-2020, 01:08 PM
Default Agree. GROOME IS HORRIBLE

I had similar experience. Called the manager to share bad experience... he wasn't even courteous enough to share his name. Lol. Bad leadership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebu View Post
Daughte

r scheduled them for a flight this morning..

Closed Thread

Tags
driver, address, extra, window, showed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.