Groome transportion-horrible!

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2020, 02:04 PM

I hope the powers that be who allow this service in The Villages are aware of the problems with this company. I always thought that if The Villages allows you to do business here, you must do the proper thing or you can't do business here.
Old 02-18-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moedooley67 View Post
Who are people using for private drivers to the airport?? Thanks
Creative Concierge. Excellent service.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:59 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpuleo View Post
I hope the powers that be who allow this service in The Villages are aware of the problems with this company. I always thought that if The Villages allows you to do business here, you must do the proper thing or you can't do business here.

I can tell you’re new here.

If this company is being falsely smeared, that’s really a shame.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:04 PM
Question

Quote:
"powers that be who allow..." "allows you to do business here,..." - really? Why do people think TV has authority over everything that happens in and around here? Or do you know (think) Groome rents business space from TV?
Old 02-19-2020, 04:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Take notice those who are complaining have less than 15 posts.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,655 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
No need for this type of control. A business will succeed or fail all on its own.

Not sure what 'powers that be' exists that can prevent someone from coming to my house to pick me up.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharrisoncmo@gmail.com View Post
I had similar experience. Called the manager to share bad experience... he wasn't even courteous enough to share his name. Lol. Bad leadership.
After three threads on the subject, your unfortunate experience is duly noted. That said, until things settle down and start running smoothly with Groome, it might be good to have a back-up plan to get to the airport, as you did.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:01 PM

I had great experience with Groome. No problems. All of the negative comments make it seem as if their is a conspiracy to discredit the new guys.

Competition is good.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,729 Posts

We booked Groome transportation in mid March for trip from the Villages to MCO, with caution and backup plan. Hubby absolutely had to get back to work. They never showed up. They said there was no record of the booking, but they had already deducted the fare from my credit card. Hmmmm. Glad I had a backup plan. Our only experience with Groome.
Old 06-09-2020, 05:15 PM

Groome Transportation has suspended shuttle service through July 14, 2020.

We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and will make adjustments as necessary. If you’d like to receive service updates, please provide your email address below. Thank you for your patience and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Tags
driver, address, extra, window, showed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.