Gutter Coverings

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2020, 10:01 AM
theruizs

I think for most Villagers there are more grains from the shingles than leaves. I don’t think the gutter filters/guards would work well for that. I did have an old birds nest once, not even sure what type of bird it was, completely oblivious to that happening. Now I just have the guy who pressure washes our house wash them out as part of the job, once ot twice a year.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,597 Times in 5,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theruizs View Post
I think for most Villagers there are more grains from the shingles than leaves. I don’t think the gutter filters/guards would work well for that. I did have an old birds nest once, not even sure what type of bird it was, completely oblivious to that happening. Now I just have the guy who pressure washes our house wash them out as part of the job, once ot twice a year.
If you have shingles, you will have granules coming loose. So, if the gutter covers can't shed them in The Villages, they can't shed them anywhere.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:22 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
If you have shingles, you will have granules coming loose. So, if the gutter covers can't shed them in The Villages, they can't shed them anywhere.
Um, ok I guess. Thanks for almost reading my post.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:23 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,136 Times in 881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpyo View Post
I got a quote on my house in Atlanta. Currently I pay $100 a year to have someone come out and clean my gutters. Leaf Filter only quoted me $5,200 and that was after a senior and veteran discount. I chuckled. It would only take me 52 years to break even. So, if I don't live beyond the age of 123 I wouldn't break even. It was a very hard choice but I turned it down. I check my gutters here in the Villages every year. I think I've seen maybe 5 leaves in the past 4 years.
Good for you for doing the math!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
quality, filter, leaf, services, work

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.