Gutter People

Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2017, 10:45 AM
Default Gutter People

I'm looking for recommendations for someone to fix the gutter next to the birdcage and the lanai. Rain cascades over the end rather than down the downspouts. Hills left a mess and the problem was not fixed. Any other thoughts?
Old 07-13-2017, 12:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opmoochler View Post
I'm looking for recommendations for someone to fix the gutter next to the birdcage and the lanai. Rain cascades over the end rather than down the downspouts. Hills left a mess and the problem was not fixed. Any other thoughts?
You didn't say, but I assume you have called them back multi times, yes?

I would file a complaint with the BBB. Just complaining on this site is not enough, although helpful to others looking for new gutters.

Go to the "Search" heading and type in "gutters" and you will see some threads that might help you out with your problem.

Good luck!
Old 07-13-2017, 07:18 PM

We used Hills Seamless Gutters 352-245-7462 Highly recommended. Called me back right away, came out same day to give estimate.
Small job but on time, and good work. Don't know if they will fix another company's work.
Good luck.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by menthol01 View Post
We used Hills Seamless Gutters 352-245-7462 Highly recommended. Called me back right away, came out same day to give estimate.
Small job but on time, and good work. Don't know if they will fix another company's work.
Good luck.
I think the OP is complaining about the same company.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:30 PM

After today's deluge, I took pics so I had evidence of water was and wasn't supposed to be going. Meanwhile, I was called back by Kirk at A-Action Seamless Gutters, and he stopped to diagnose the problem and give me an estimate. We are also having other roof work in a week (Lightning Protection), so the gutter had to be remedied ASAP. Kirk promised he could "work us in," for which we are very grateful.

We will see in a week's time if A-Action Seamless Gutters did a superior job to Hills.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:24 AM

Quote:
What did the gutter co find that was causing the overrun off your gutter?
Old 07-14-2017, 08:37 AM

When they come to see what needs to be fixed, it may turn out to be a problem in the pipe (new downspout) or just debris that was never cleaned out (which is why I had called Hill's in the first place.) They're thinking it just needs a thorough cleaning. There is a stand of pine trees near the golf path near our house. All of our other downspouts near the pines pour "stuff" from the roof every time it rains.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:01 AM

Jim Stipes
Old 07-17-2017, 01:51 PM
Default A-Action Seamless Gutters!!!!

As promised, Kurt and his helper from A-Action Seamless Gutters cleaned out the gutters and downspouts this morning. What they found were three completely blocked downspouts and gutters (enough to fill a leaf bag). They left everything pristine - not a grain of roof gravel anywhere and all the gutters wiped down from slimy grunge. At is obvious that Hills never unplugged two of our downspouts, and they sure didn't clean up our birdcage. Kudos to Kirk at A-Action Seamless Gutters! 352-406-3580
Old 08-17-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
As promised, Kurt and his helper from A-Action Seamless Gutters cleaned out the gutters and downspouts this morning. What they found were three completely blocked downspouts and gutters (enough to fill a leaf bag). They left everything pristine - not a grain of roof gravel anywhere and all the gutters wiped down from slimy grunge. At is obvious that Hills never unplugged two of our downspouts, and they sure didn't clean up our birdcage. Kudos to Kirk at A-Action Seamless Gutters! 352-406-3580
Your post is reassuring since Kirk is coming tomorrow to install gutters in sides and back of my Gardenia
Old 10-13-2017, 06:43 AM

Just had gutters installed by A-Action Seamless gutters. Great, professional job. Kirk, 352-406-3580.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,146 Times in 2,245 Posts

OP, you will probably need yearly or more often clean out, or the possibility of gutter guards. I did install these up North with mostly good results. Just saw an article recently (I do not remember where) that mentioned the need to have the gutter guards be removable, in case cleaning is needed. I do not know which type would be useful for pine needles, but I think consumer reports did a review of these devices.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

It sounds as if your gutter was clogged with pine needles and that doesn't seem to be the fault of the installer, or am I misunderstanding?

We used M&M gutters. Good folks.

We have no tall trees around us, thank goodness.

Perhaps all that blowing during Irma was the reason for so much stuff in your gutter.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It sounds as if your gutter was clogged with pine needles and that doesn't seem to be the fault of the installer, or am I misunderstanding?

We used M&M gutters. Good folks.

We have no tall trees around us, thank goodness.

Perhaps all that blowing during Irma was the reason for so much stuff in your gutter.
Don't think so. Posted in July.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Don't think so. Posted in July.
Whoops. Hope all is answered for opmoochler. Enjoy her posts.

Tags
gutter, left, downspouts, hills, mess

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.