Handyman wanted.

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2022, 09:43 AM
Default Handyman wanted.

I will rent a lawn aerator from Home Depot and pay $150 for someone to aerate my yard for 2 hours. You need means to transport aerator from Home Depot to The Villages (N. 466)
386 689-0163 Jim
Old 05-18-2022, 11:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennie View Post
I will rent a lawn aerator from Home Depot and pay $150 for someone to aerate my yard for 2 hours. You need means to transport aerator from Home Depot to The Villages (N. 466)
386 689-0163 Jim
You're kidding, right?
Old 05-18-2022, 02:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

OP, my lawn service will do the aeration for $140 if I recall correctly and we have an oversized lot, I mention this because it appears you are over paying. BTW, this lawn care (Chad's Lawn Care service) does many services alacart, over and above the normal mowing.
Old 05-18-2022, 03:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
OP, my lawn service will do the aeration for $140 if I recall correctly and we have an oversized lot, I mention this because it appears you are over paying. BTW, this lawn care (Chad's Lawn Care service) does many services alacart, over and above the normal mowing.
While I agree the OP should use a company/service that does aeration, to expect someone to pick up the machine from Home Depot, aerate the lawn (which he estimates will take 2 hours), then return the equipment to Home Depot for $150, is cheap.

Not to mention, anyone who is willing to perform this service, had darn sure better run each irrigation zone, flag the pop-up heads, and inquire about any invisible fencing that might exist. In addition, I've seen many yards where cable providers have installed new coax runs, only burying the cable three to five inches below the surface.
Old 05-23-2022, 04:11 PM

Thank You for your input, but I still cannot figure out if I am over paying
for the job.

I appreciate your input, but I have seen too many companies expect me to pay for the job and the overhead.
I had Massy aerate about 2-3 years ago. They spray the yards under 7 minutes then sit in the truck for 15.
As far as aeration they were done with the job in 10 minutes. I did not feel like I got my money worth..
If you use Chad's to cut/maintain your yard, time them when Chad or his wife are not around. (they cut corners)

I have flagged all sprinkler heads along with and roots or other items that may interfere or/damage the operator or machine. I have no coax runs into the house.
I apricate your interest and would welcome any dangers that I may have missed.
Closed Thread

Tags
aerator, depot, home, villages, transport

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.