Advantage Golf Carts (EZ GO)

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2015, 06:32 PM
Unhappy Advantage Golf Carts (EZ GO)

I purchased a new EZ GO golf cart on 4/30/15 and to my dismay it rides like a bucking bronco.

My cart was delivered with BACKLASH 205/65/10 tires which are a different brand from those on other carts in the show room. The BACKLASH tires cause my cart to bounce and vibrate incessantly because they are probably not round or have flat spots. The dealer, Don Mac Phail, insists this is typical but I have driven 3 other EZGO carts that belong to friends and one that was a demo cart at the dealership and none of them shake like this. The dealer has rotated the tires but this has not changed or improved the condition and so far he refuses to change them even when I offer to pay the difference in price if there is any.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:40 PM

We have had three EZGo carts and not had a problem, a friend had the same type issue you mentioned, three tire and wheel changes later, all good. I believe he went from 12" to 10" to solve the problem. We have one cart with 12" and one with 10", no issues with either.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:47 PM
Gold member

Too bad Town & Country EZ-Go Dealer left The Villages. They probably would have made you a satisfied customer. I base that on experience having purchased 2 EZ-Go Carts from them.
Old 05-10-2015, 06:11 AM

There are several stories on here about tires and Eazy Go but I don't know how to tell you to find them. They replaced my tires four times before it was acceptably but I had to get their road mechanic on my side before it happened. He told me that he spun 44 wheels and tires before he found four that were fit to put on. It is a big problem and you will get no help from the service manager there. It has nothing to do with the type of tires, it is that they are out of round. If you jack it up and spin them you can find the bad ones, they will bobble from side to side. It has been a big problem with Eazy Go. Town and Country had the same problem but they were better to deal with. Good luck. It is a very frustration experience.
Old 05-10-2015, 06:23 PM
Platinum member

seems that a test drive before buying would have shown this problem. If they refused the test drive I would buy elsewhere.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:31 PM
Veteran member

Another dealer for me to stay away from. I love this site.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.