Happy with Brighthouse TV????

Closed Thread
Old 04-24-2015, 02:48 PM
Veteran member

I've been investigating TV/internet providers and chatted with Brighthouse. What I was told is that their base "whole house DVR' does record just two channels at once. If you jump up to the more expensive "Lightning 35 internet" package, you get a DVR that can record up to six channels at once plus you get faster Internet access.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:14 PM

Does anyone have AT&T UVerse; is it available?
Old 04-24-2015, 04:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Bob View Post
Does anyone have AT&T UVerse; is it available?

As recently as last Summer it was not. I checked at the time I dumped Comcast.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:33 AM
Veteran member

Well, I have Brighthouse and my bill is $316 a month. I have 3 TVs, 1 can record only 2 shows but I have to watch one of them, have to go to another TV if I want to watch a 3rd show. I have no premium channels with this. I also have my phone and internet (not Echo) and I have a security system (which is only $32). Can't imagine what the price will be if I try to get better internet service or 6 recordings at one time. I think that is extremely high and will be looking at other companies to bring this exorbitant price down.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
Well, I have Brighthouse and my bill is $316 a month. I have 3 TVs, 1 can record only 2 shows but I have to watch one of them, have to go to another TV if I want to watch a 3rd show. I have no premium channels with this. I also have my phone and internet (not Echo) and I have a security system (which is only $32). Can't imagine what the price will be if I try to get better internet service or 6 recordings at one time. I think that is extremely high and will be looking at other companies to bring this exorbitant price down.

My BrightHouse bill is half of yours. No phone, but I do have echo. 5 TVs. Two are in DVRs. I can't conceive of why your bill is so high.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Something wrong with your bill for sure. I have 2 TV's, each with their own 7 channel HD DVR box, 100mps Internet (Lightning), Phone, Sports Pass, Digital Adapter for 3rd TV, Voice Mail, Premier TV Service. We do not have premium channels. $201.00 before the government takes their taxes.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-25-2015, 08:05 PM
Veteran member

I thought that was extremely high also. I will be changing it after I get a little more settled here. Could it be because I "rent" the boxes and the router, I'm sure that adds to the cost, but that much? I have 2 whole house DVRs (although only one records) and 1 separate small box
Old 04-25-2015, 08:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
I thought that was extremely high also. I will be changing it after I get a little more settled here. Could it be because I "rent" the boxes and the router, I'm sure that adds to the cost, but that much? I have 2 whole house DVRs (although only one records) and 1 separate small box
We rent both HD boxes and the router......I think a phone call will clear it up and adjustments should be made. We have found their customer service very competent. You can also take a ride to their office on 301 in Wildwood.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:37 PM
Veteran member

Thank you, I will do that.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:10 PM
Veteran member

Have had Brighthouse two years now and just rec'd a 20% increase and they told that is the best I will have. Soooooo..Starting to look at altenative providers. Too bad because up to now we have been pleased but like many companies the greed factor sets in and not a lot can be done. Sad to say we referred many people to Brighthouse and the same will happen to them!
Old 04-25-2015, 09:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
Have had Brighthouse two years now and just rec'd a 20% increase and they told that is the best I will have. Soooooo..Starting to look at altenative providers. Too bad because up to now we have been pleased but like many companies the greed factor sets in and not a lot can be done. Sad to say we referred many people to Brighthouse and the same will happen to them!
Let me understand, when somebody wants to charge you more it's greed, but when we try to buy cheap service that's not greed? They want to make as much as they can and you want to save as much as you can....pretty much the same thing.

Old 04-26-2015, 12:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Let me understand, when somebody wants to charge you more it's greed, but when we try to buy cheap service that's not greed? They want to make as much as they can and you want to save as much as you can....pretty much the same thing.
Do you think a 20% increase without notification is OK. Would you / Do you just take 20% increases in stride? I don't think so!

I don't.! I tried to work with them but to no avail. Who said I have Cheap Service. I will pay a reasonable fee but I will not be subject to excessive fee charges or excessive increases." Its NOT pretty much the same thing! "
Old 04-26-2015, 01:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Do you think a 20% increase without notification is OK. Would you / Do you just take 20% increases in stride? I don't think so!

I don't.! I tried to work with them but to no avail. Who said I have Cheap Service. I will pay a reasonable fee but I will not be subject to excessive fee charges or excessive increases." Its NOT pretty much the same thing! "
You made my point....thanks.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:08 PM
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
You made my point....thanks.
???
Old 04-26-2015, 10:29 PM

Quote:
I've been down this road with cable companies jacking up there rates for years. When you find a better deal and make the switch, they start offering you all kinds of special deals to get you back.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.