Happy with Brighthouse TV????

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-23-2015, 11:00 AM
ugotme's Avatar
ugotme ugotme is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Village of Charlotte
Posts: 1,186
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Happy with Brighthouse TV????

I have had Direct TV for about 10 years.
While I think their service is fine, their costs have become prohibitive.

Not a huge TV watcher but do like my local programming in addition to The Golf Channel, History, Discovery and several others.

I have a "Genie" with 3 mini's and have total choice package and my bill has been $145 per month NOT INCLUDING INTERNET OR HOUSE PHONE!!!!

May I ask what you folks are paying and are you happy?

Thank you.
__________________
Brooklyn, NY; Bethpage, NY; Tamarac, FL and N O W The Village of CHARLOTTE !!!!
  #2  
Old 03-23-2015, 01:13 PM
pmbinnj pmbinnj is offline
Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 54
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default

We are VERY pleased with Brighthouse. I've read the problems others have especially with Comcast and we have not had a single problem with Brighthouse cable or internet. Cable has never gone out and the internet speed is faster than we expected. Don't have the bill nearby to tell you the price but so far -- this is one cable and internet provider who understands the importance of customer support. So glad we don't have to deal with Comcast any more!
  #3  
Old 03-23-2015, 02:23 PM
joldnol joldnol is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 988
Thanks: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

I am pleased with Brighthouse. Their DVR technology is primitive compared to Direct however. You can only view the dvr in two locations and you can only record two programs at a time but you can not view live tv at the same time from both sets. My bills run about 120 a month including internet but there are much less expensive packages available.
  #4  
Old 03-23-2015, 05:08 PM
Radioman41's Avatar
Radioman41 Radioman41 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Rockville, MD and Sawgrass Villas, Village of St. James
Posts: 200
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

We are very pleased with Bright House. We had a few outages when we first moved in to a new neighborhood. The problems were quickly resolved. As it turned out, the outages were caused by other contractors (landscapers) damaging the cable system.
  #5  
Old 03-24-2015, 07:47 AM
2BNTV's Avatar
2BNTV 2BNTV is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,696
Thanks: 1
Thanked 114 Times in 46 Posts
Default

Directv has a great product especially for sports but their cost and customer service leaves a lot to be desired. They are a storehouse of misinformation. IMHO

Pay $87/month for internet and phone through CenturyLink.

I plan on switching to DISH next month and save $40/month going forward. Another feature that favors a single person is that Dish can mirror your second television instead of being charged another $6.50/month as Directv does.

Directv has the NFL package for football fans that isn't offered by DISH.
__________________
"It doesn't cost "nuttin", to be nice". MOM

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
  #6  
Old 03-24-2015, 09:06 AM
Bonnevie Bonnevie is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,404
Thanks: 10
Thanked 418 Times in 151 Posts
Default

what does that mean that Dish can mirror your second television?
  #7  
Old 03-24-2015, 02:25 PM
JoMar JoMar is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4,350
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1,794 Times in 672 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
I am pleased with Brighthouse. Their DVR technology is primitive compared to Direct however. You can only view the dvr in two locations and you can only record two programs at a time but you can not view live tv at the same time from both sets. My bills run about 120 a month including internet but there are much less expensive packages available.
Not exactly correct. We have two BH DVR's. Both can record up to 7 shows at a time or 6 and watch one live. The biggest issue we have is finding the time to watch what we record. Could have had the same thing with whole house but then my wife and I would have to watch the same shows......shudder.
__________________
No one believes the truth when the lie is more interesting

Berks County Pennsylvania
  #8  
Old 03-24-2015, 03:20 PM
TNLAKEPANDA's Avatar
TNLAKEPANDA TNLAKEPANDA is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: East TN
Posts: 1,296
Thanks: 173
Thanked 135 Times in 53 Posts
Default

Brighthouse = Great customer service
= Average pricing
= Terrible equipment (the worst in the business).

They are in the process of getting newer equipment that will let you record many more shows at once. When we return in the Fall we will either dump them or keep them based on what equipment we can get. We are at about $140 with internet. Free phone using Ooma.
  #9  
Old 03-24-2015, 05:52 PM
JoMar JoMar is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4,350
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1,794 Times in 672 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
Brighthouse = Great customer service
= Average pricing
= Terrible equipment (the worst in the business).

They are in the process of getting newer equipment that will let you record many more shows at once. When we return in the Fall we will either dump them or keep them based on what equipment we can get. We are at about $140 with internet. Free phone using Ooma.
Not sure what you mean by worst equipment? 7 DVR channels is pretty good. Echo provides great WiFi coverage, 100mbps plus internet download is pretty fast don't you think?
__________________
No one believes the truth when the lie is more interesting

Berks County Pennsylvania
  #10  
Old 03-24-2015, 06:09 PM
joldnol joldnol is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 988
Thanks: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Not exactly correct. We have two BH DVR's. Both can record up to 7 shows at a time or 6 and watch one live. The biggest issue we have is finding the time to watch what we record. Could have had the same thing with whole house but then my wife and I would have to watch the same shows......shudder.
when did you get it? We had ours installed in October and what we got was a dvr/receiver and a satellite receiver that can access the dvr. If two shows are recording you can only watch live tv on one receiver.
  #11  
Old 03-24-2015, 06:27 PM
TNLAKEPANDA's Avatar
TNLAKEPANDA TNLAKEPANDA is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: East TN
Posts: 1,296
Thanks: 173
Thanked 135 Times in 53 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Not sure what you mean by worst equipment? 7 DVR channels is pretty good. Echo provides great WiFi coverage, 100mbps plus internet download is pretty fast don't you think?
the new DVR 6 channel I think only serves one TV. At least that is what they told me. So you can not watch recordings in every room where you have a TV.
  #12  
Old 03-24-2015, 09:10 PM
yabbadu yabbadu is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 527
Thanks: 0
Thanked 58 Times in 30 Posts
Default

In all of my years of cable services for phone , internet and TV..we find BH the Best ever.
  #13  
Old 03-24-2015, 09:59 PM
tommy steam tommy steam is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York, Georgia , Arizona, Vietnam 66 67
Posts: 1,367
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotme View Post
I have had Direct TV for about 10 years.
While I think their service is fine, their costs have become prohibitive.

Not a huge TV watcher but do like my local programming in addition to The Golf Channel, History, Discovery and several others.

I have a "Genie" with 3 mini's and have total choice package and my bill has been $145 per month NOT INCLUDING INTERNET OR HOUSE PHONE!!!!

May I ask what you folks are paying and are you happy?

Thank you.
I have Brighthouse. Bill is 165 a month. I have turbo Internet , telephone , family package and hbo. It's about 25 a month than I paid for Cablevision where I used to live. I think it's expensive.
  #14  
Old 03-25-2015, 04:20 PM
JoMar JoMar is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4,350
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1,794 Times in 672 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
when did you get it? We had ours installed in October and what we got was a dvr/receiver and a satellite receiver that can access the dvr. If two shows are recording you can only watch live tv on one receiver.
Ours was installed in September. We are south of 466A and have choices, CentruryLink, Brighthouse, Satellite, Comcast. Might want to take a ride over to Wildwood office and have a discussion. They do have DVR's that have 7 channels and don't use Satellite down here so don't know what you have.
__________________
No one believes the truth when the lie is more interesting

Berks County Pennsylvania
  #15  
Old 03-25-2015, 04:24 PM
JoMar JoMar is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4,350
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1,794 Times in 672 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
the new DVR 6 channel I think only serves one TV. At least that is what they told me. So you can not watch recordings in every room where you have a TV.
As I mentioned in my previous post we have two DVR's. Whole house doesn't buy us anything since my wife and I have different viewing preferences. Maybe it is 6 and not 7 but whatever it is, it's more than enough unless I want to watch 24/7.
__________________
No one believes the truth when the lie is more interesting

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.