Have you shipped a vehicle?

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2019, 07:35 PM
Platinum member
Default Have you shipped a vehicle?

We’d like to have our vehicle shipped from TV to Pennsylvania.

Does anyone have a company you could recommend? Any pitfalls to be aware of? We’ve never done this before.

Thanks!
Old 04-10-2019, 11:38 PM

Yes, I shipped two vehicles last November from upstate NY, Albany Area to TV.

I did a search on TOTV for this service and settled on East-West Transport.

Very Happy with the service provided.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2019, 04:45 AM

How much do you want to spend to ship it? Cheapest is to hire someone to drive it there using a driveaway agency. Most expensive is to have it shipped in an enclosed van. https://autodriveaway.com/services/shipping-services/. Price will vary form a couple of hundred dollars to almost a thousand depending on your time constraints.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:42 PM

I wanted to send a car to my sister in Joliet, IL and was trying to figure out the best way. I found a company called Affordable Auto Transport (800-805-5194) out of southern FL. My contact, Jon, found a auto carrier heading up in that direction with seven cars already on it and one space remaining. They picked up the car the next day, only one block from my house. The car was at Joliet, IL in 3 days and the driver actually pulled right up to my sister's house. The car arrived in perfect shape. The total cost: $700. I was very pleased with the entire process.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:31 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiserbud47 View Post
I wanted to send a car to my sister in Joliet, IL and was trying to figure out the best way. I found a company called Affordable Auto Transport (800-805-5194) out of southern FL. My contact, Jon, found a auto carrier heading up in that direction with seven cars already on it and one space remaining. They picked up the car the next day, only one block from my house. The car was at Joliet, IL in 3 days and the driver actually pulled right up to my sister's house. The car arrived in perfect shape. The total cost: $700. I was very pleased with the entire process.
sounds like a great deal.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:02 PM

Time of year and direction of travel can affect the pricing. I was told that had I shipped in May versus November the price may have been up to $500 cheaper. YMMV.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:54 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

We shipped two cars here from Tennessee last December. The transport arrived here at midnight and offloaded the vehicles. Being midnight it was quite dark and hard to check out the cars for damage. I parked them in our garage and looked them over as well as I could and the driver took off to deliver his last vehicle. About two weeks later while washing one of my cars I noticed body damage in front of the right rear wheel on the bottom of the rocker panel. You had to almost lay on the floor and look up at the underside of the car to see the damage. Repair will run about $2,300.00 and because I didn't catch it the night of delivery, it all comes out of my pocket. Double check the vehicle when its delivered as closely as you can and hopefully it isn't midnight. Most shipping companies are just an office, they don't own a car hauler, they contract the work out to independent owner/operators so you won't know who the delivery person is until the vehicle(s) are at your door.
Closed Thread

Tags
vehicle, shipped, aware, pitfalls, we’ve

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.