High Speed Access available here without Comcast

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2020, 10:05 AM

I too am disgusted with Comcast. Every phone call to them goes to India and takes forever. The WiFi is horrible. Several calls and visits have NOT fixed the problem. Can’t wait for the contract to expire.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:09 AM

I bought a router resetter from HSN. I set it up to reset my router every day at 2AM. You basically plug the resetter into the wall outlet and then plug the router into it. Its called NetReset. Has worked well for me.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,644 Times in 1,515 Posts

Completely understand how you feel. I had comcast and NEVER received the download speed that I paid for. BUT, they were sure to call me and ask me if I wanted to pay a bit more for faster internet. They couldn't deliver what I was paying for but they kept increasing the monthly bill until I finally dropped them completely. I found out that the home I purchased a couple years ago already had fiber optic run to it by Centurylink and gave them a call. Not only did they install free, gave me a modem/router free, but their cost for five times the speed was cheaper and permanent. I now get more channels streaming using a Roku stick. Comcast charges over $25 in just fees and taxes. All cable TV providers charge the fees and taxes, but you can pretty much eliminate them by streaming TV via the Internet. I had heard stories about how bad Centurylink was, but I have not seen it yet. I have much faster Internet than I did before, getting over 600Mbps and stream 4K shows with NO buffering. Maybe I am an exception, but it may be something you can look into. I don't think I would go DSL. I had that up North and did not like it. Some folks are happy with Comcast/Xfinity. I suggest that if you decide to stay with them, get your own modem (a good one). Why pay comcast for renting your modem?
Old 04-08-2020, 10:58 AM
Default Comcast blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhart View Post
I've had my gut filled with Comcast. I'm paying for 200 mg and getting 5 or 6 down. Total BS and I've tired of called for resets. QUESTION: Is there any way to get high speed internet so I can switch to HULU like we have up north? I've heard Century Link sucks. Any other options? Please tell me there is life after Comcast....and no Directv is no better.
They are all terrible, but I have found that Century Link sucks less than Comcast. The last two years or so Century Link has really gone down hill approaching Comcast. New management I heard....don't know for sure.
Be aware that it take a long time for Century Link to get you hooked up. I tried to use them in TV and hook up was 7 weeks out, I bit the bullet and went to Comcast. Got hooked up in two days, but now trying to cancel it is impossible.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:05 AM
SUENRAN
Default Suggestions for Feeney Area?

Anyone having good luck with anything other than Comcast in the Fenney area? Currently have a contract with Comcast. Thinking of changing to another service as I'm right around $115 per month...using my own router and modem! Suggestions?
Old 04-08-2020, 11:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUENRAN View Post
Anyone having good luck with anything other than Comcast in the Fenney area? Currently have a contract with Comcast. Thinking of changing to another service as I'm right around $115 per month...using my own router and modem! Suggestions?
If you are satisfied with the services you have for $115 per month, I don't think you will be able to save much money by switching. Even if you go to an internet only service and subscribe to a comprehensive streaming service, you will still be paying about $100 per month or more.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:21 AM
Default Internet Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhart View Post
I've had my gut filled with Comcast. I'm paying for 200 mg and getting 5 or 6 down. Total BS and I've tired of called for resets. QUESTION: Is there any way to get high speed internet so I can switch to HULU like we have up north? I've heard Century Link sucks. Any other options? Please tell me there is life after Comcast....and no Directv is no better.
I live near Nancy Lopez and have Century Link 1000 g/b service for $65/mo no tax. The fiber optic cable comes right into my office, runs at 600-700 m/b constantly.
See if they have fiber service near you
Old 04-08-2020, 11:54 AM

Our Comcast service (Pine Ridge Village) has been quite satisfactory. This pertains to both cable television and video service.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:57 AM

I have Century Link with 80 M down, which is plenty for Hulu or any other streaming. I don't get the bad reviews for Century Link. By the way, technology will never work perfectly. That's just the way it is.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:55 PM

Thank You all for your feedback on internet providers in TV. I am so glad that I found this thread as my wife and I are hoping to move to TV soon! With the Covid-19 still going strong, not sure when we will be able to put our CA home up for sale. We have Comcast (internet, TV programming & landline) here and have been happy with our service but it’s pricy. Pretty sure when we buy (preference is for a new home but not discounting a previously owned home) it will be South of 44. Pretty up to date with the advantages & disadvantages living there. I am assuming that since there are built in 2020 that they are have filberwire? And do the new homes have CAT5 outlets in each room? Leaning towards Comcast but will make final decision once there.
Closed Thread

Tags
comcast, speed, high, filled, century

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.