Highly Recommended: Complete Dryer Vent Services

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2020, 07:05 AM
Veteran member
Default Highly Recommended: Complete Dryer Vent Services

Gus at did a fantastic job.

Not only very thorough workmanship, but he has meticulous procedures in place to comply with COVID restrictions. He sent instructions beforehand for me to open the garage door and close the door from the laundry room to the house. He worked in the laundry room and on the roof and we only spoke through the closed door. He texted me before and after pictures of all the work he did and disinfected the dryer surfaces before leaving. (I did them again myself out of nervousness.)

It took him almost 90 minutes to carefully clean the entire vent system from dryer to roof and replace the hose. He tested airflow afterwards and sent me those pictures as well.

Best of all, a load of clothes that used to take 3 hours to dry now get done in a more typical 40 minutes.

I did have a different company come last summer, but they were only here for a short time and the clothes drying time wasn't noticeably better. Gus said the roof vent had not been cleaned at that time.
Old 08-18-2020, 05:38 PM

What does he charge?
Old 08-18-2020, 06:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
Gus at did a fantastic job.

Not only very thorough workmanship, but he has meticulous procedures in place to comply with COVID restrictions. He sent instructions beforehand for me to open the garage door and close the door from the laundry room to the house. He worked in the laundry room and on the roof and we only spoke through the closed door. He texted me before and after pictures of all the work he did and disinfected the dryer surfaces before leaving. (I did them again myself out of nervousness.)

It took him almost 90 minutes to carefully clean the entire vent system from dryer to roof and replace the hose. He tested airflow afterwards and sent me those pictures as well.

Best of all, a load of clothes that used to take 3 hours to dry now get done in a more typical 40 minutes.

I did have a different company come last summer, but they were only here for a short time and the clothes drying time wasn't noticeably better. Gus said the roof vent had not been cleaned at that time.
If I had dryer that exited up and out on the roof I would have it cleaned once year. Due to it’s IMO at least 10 times more likely to close off air flow due to gravity affect on lint?
Old 08-18-2020, 06:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmac321 View Post
What does he charge?
Hope we get an answer, looking to have this done
Old 08-18-2020, 07:58 PM

Sounds like a great job but give us is info phone number please thanks
Old 10-25-2020, 04:14 PM

How do I find Gus?
Closed Thread

Tags
door, roof, time, dryer, vent

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.