Home Goods

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-26-2011, 07:32 PM
VillagesFlorida's Avatar
VillagesFlorida VillagesFlorida is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 532
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 4 Posts
Default Home Goods

I read on a post by vj1213 that there are 4 Home Goods stores within 30 miles of The Villages. Can someone please tell me where they are? The only two that I know of, and they are farther away than 30 miles, are in Gainesville and Altamonte Springs.
__________________
It doesn't get any better than this and I am loving every minute of it! Maine and The Villages, Fl.
  #2  
Old 01-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Bill-n-Brillo's Avatar
Bill-n-Brillo Bill-n-Brillo is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Granville, OH.....and TV snowflakes!
Posts: 6,909
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Here's what turned up on their web site - 4 stores within 50 miles of 32162 zip:

http://www.homegoods.com/search_resu...us=50&x=41&y=9

Bill
  #3  
Old 01-26-2011, 07:56 PM
VillagesFlorida's Avatar
VillagesFlorida VillagesFlorida is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 532
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Here's what turned up on their web site - 4 stores within 50 miles of 32162 zip:

http://www.homegoods.com/search_resu...us=50&x=41&y=9

Bill
Hi, Bill,
Thanks for the reply. I HAD checked their web site, also, so I was surprised to see that there were "4 stores within about 30 miles". The stores that they show on the map are a lot farther than 30 miles. 50 miles is more like it, although the one in Altamonte Springs is a good 60-65 miles from my house here in The Villages. We sure could use a Home Goods store here!
__________________
It doesn't get any better than this and I am loving every minute of it! Maine and The Villages, Fl.
  #4  
Old 01-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Bill-n-Brillo's Avatar
Bill-n-Brillo Bill-n-Brillo is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Granville, OH.....and TV snowflakes!
Posts: 6,909
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
Hi, Bill,
Thanks for the reply. I HAD checked their web site, also, so I was surprised to see that there were "4 stores within about 30 miles". The stores that they show on the map are a lot farther than 30 miles. 50 miles is more like it, although the one in Altamonte Springs is a good 60-65 miles from my house here in The Villages. We sure could use a Home Goods store here!
I went back and took a look at the distances they quoted......and you're right - they are suspect. They must be "as the crow flies" miles. I plugged the Altamonte Springs store in to Yahoo Maps (with 32162 as the starting point) - it came up with 64 miles. So you're right on the money!

Bill
  #5  
Old 01-26-2011, 08:24 PM
vj1213 vj1213 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Villages (Buttonwood)
Posts: 429
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Sorry I guess I was wrong...but it isn't a bad drive, me & my neighbors just run over for an afternoon of shopping. I usually go to Altamonte Springs and then the other one I think is Lake Mary which is only about 8 miles from the Altamonte store.
I went to the website to check from 32162 the 4 stores are from 33 to 44 miles away.

Winter Garden Village
3349 Daniels Rd
Winter Garden, FL 34787
Phone: 407-654-1290
Get Driving Directions
33.71 Miles
Sun: 11a - 8p
Mon-Sat: 9:30a - 9:30p

Wekiva Square
965 West S.R. 436
Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
Phone: 407-774-1015
Get Driving Directions
34.92 Miles
Sun: 11a - 8p
Mon-Sat: 9:30a - 9:30p
Lake Mary Village
3899 W. Lake Mary Blvd, Suite 111
Lake Mary, FL 32746
Phone: 407-322-1776
Get Driving Directions
36.52 Miles
Sun: 11a - 8p
Mon-Sat: 9:30a - 9:30p

The Marketplace at Dr Phillips
7600 Dr. Phillips Blvd, Suite 164
Orlando, FL 32819
Phone: 407-370-4478
Get Driving Directions
41.44 Miles
Sun: 11a - 8p
Mon-Sat: 9:30a - 9:30p
  #6  
Old 01-26-2011, 08:46 PM
JohnN's Avatar
JohnN JohnN is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Village of St. James
Posts: 2,887
Thanks: 5
Thanked 531 Times in 193 Posts
Default

There's a neat store in Leesburg across from the Beall's just past the 27/441 split heading south.. it's called.. something-or-other Imports.. and it's got a lot of pretty similar stuff..
__________________
Chicago, IL
Little Rock, AR
Alpharetta, GA
Searcy, AR
Village of St.James, The Villages, FL
  #7  
Old 01-26-2011, 09:30 PM
gardenia gardenia is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 105
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I love Home Goods and have been to the one in Winter Garden which is connected to a Marshall's. It's off the Turnpike and not a bad drive at all. It's in a nice outdoor shopping area that also has a World Market store (cute fun store - similar to Pier1 but also has some international snacks and coffee), Kirkland's, Lowe's, Target, Sport Authority and a few other stores.
  #8  
Old 01-26-2011, 11:32 PM
Jane52 Jane52 is offline
Member
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 89
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Home Goods is needed in TV

I really miss having a Home Goods store close by. The Villages is the perfect place to have one.
  #9  
Old 01-27-2011, 08:48 AM
Bill-n-Brillo's Avatar
Bill-n-Brillo Bill-n-Brillo is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Granville, OH.....and TV snowflakes!
Posts: 6,909
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
There's a neat store in Leesburg across from the Beall's just past the 27/441 split heading south.. it's called.. something-or-other Imports.. and it's got a lot of pretty similar stuff..
Dockside Imports? I'm guessing that's probably the place - on 27 just south of where 441 splits off.

Bill
  #10  
Old 01-27-2011, 11:35 AM
2BNTV's Avatar
2BNTV 2BNTV is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,690
Thanks: 1
Thanked 106 Times in 40 Posts
Default

I love the "Home Goods" store since I bought egyptian material sheets and pillows that were the most comfortable to sleep on.

I like the idea of having upscale brand name items for a reasonable price.

I would love to see a Home Goods store closer to TV as I wouldn't want to have to return an item and have to drive 6o miles each way to do it.

I will put in on my list of things to do to petition "Home Goods" to have a store in TV when I get there.

What does anyone think of the chances of a "Home Goods" moving to TV?
  #11  
Old 01-27-2011, 11:45 AM
oceangirl oceangirl is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Md now, Buttonwood
Posts: 115
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I love the "Home Goods" store since I bought egyptian material sheets and pillows that were the most comfortable to sleep on.

I like the idea of having upscale brand name items for a reasonable price.

I would love to see a Home Goods store closer to TV as I wouldn't want to have to return an item and have to drive 6o miles each way to do it.

I will put in on my list of things to do to petition "Home Goods" to have a store in TV when I get there.

What does anyone think of the chances of a "Home Goods" moving to TV?
I also love the "Home Goods" store. I just bought several things to help stage my home. Great prices! When I finally get to TV we could have a girls day out and go Home Goods'. My other half is getting bored getting draged around.

2BNTV I will check out the egyptian sheets.
  #12  
Old 01-27-2011, 12:00 PM
2BNTV's Avatar
2BNTV 2BNTV is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,690
Thanks: 1
Thanked 106 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangirl View Post
I also love the "Home Goods" store. I just bought several things to help stage my home. Great prices! When I finally get to TV we could have a girls day out and go Home Goods'. My other half is getting bored getting draged around.

2BNTV I will check out the egyptian sheets.
oceangirl:

If you google Home Goods, their website has info to help in the selection of certain items.

When I needed a pillow so I could sleep on my stomach, the site contain info on what type of pillow is best suited for this function.

When I bought my Egyptian sheets, the web site said there were of high quality.

Being a guy handicaps me in terms of knowledge of what is good so I found the web site to be a great resource for some items. I was introduced to Home Goods by my female real estate agent who did not sell my home but I am appreciationg the fact that she introduced me to this great store.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.