HOME IMPROVEMENT SECTION: How To Use Contractor Ratings/Reviews

Old 11-04-2014, 04:31 PM
Administrator
Default HOME IMPROVEMENT SECTION: How To Use Contractor Ratings/Reviews

We would like to add more clarification and support of the Home Improvement/Contractor section.

- The 5 Star rating is TOTALLY a separate feature from the reviews section. As a registered user you can offer up a review on a specific contractor, offer a 5 star rating, or both. We encourage everyone to do this to continue making it the #1 resource for all Villagers.
- The 5 Star rating is an average. If someone votes a 1 and someone votes a 5 then it will average a 3. This is an automatic calculation done by the software. We encourage every registered user to rate any contractor they have used in this section. If there are enough low scores then they will not want to advertise on TOTV and that is good as we do not want anyone with a low star rating to be on the site in that section. So you the user have the control over the star rating. ALSO - with that said each user can only vote 1 time per contractor so the system only counts your vote 1 time for each contractor so we can minimize any abuse of the 5 star rating.

Feel free to leave a review on any contractor that you have used in this section. If there are enough bad reviews then that business will not advertise and that is good for everyone to maintain a high quality of contractors in the section on the site.

Reminder - Yes the only businesses are advertisers listed in this section. This is a free site and this section is a free section for all the TOTV residents and the cost is offset by the support of local businesses. This entire section was custom coded for the users on this site with much time, effort, and cost put into it.
HOWEVER, as mentioned above if a business is getting a bad star rating and reviews then they will leave and we are perfectly ok with that. The amount of money from 1 of these business's advertising is so small compared to what the quality of the section means to us.

As mentioned above by other users use everything you can like the BBB, Seniors Against Crimes, the contractors insurance, etc. to make the most informed decision but with more and more votes and 5 star ratings by all USERS on the site, this section will help everyone now and for years to come.

Thanks in advance for your time to read this and support. We hope this helps other users in the future as that is the intent of the section to add just another layer of value and information when selecting a contractor.

Best Regards and thanks for your support to make this section the best tool for every Villager,

TOTV Team

Last edited by Ad poster; 12-16-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:14 AM

BUMP!!

Thanks for this reminder… I have voted on the stars for all 3 of the contractors I have used in this section and was happy to do so. Great section by the way.. love the reviews as well I can read on each one… nothing better to use than this as it's the voice of the villagers.. better than angle's list...
Old 12-16-2014, 02:31 PM

YEP.. no brainer.. great section to use.. I don't visit often and used it to find my blinds.. thanks TOTV. I would love to see a restaurant section and others...
Old 03-21-2016, 10:37 PM
Veteran member

I went to the site. The reviews for the most cases have gone away?? What's up with that?
Old 03-22-2016, 03:22 PM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Earlier post removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles42 View Post
I went to the site. The reviews for the most cases have gone away?? What's up with that?
In the beginning some of the contractors had their friends and family JOIN AND POST in the same day. Then never post again. Then ADMIN got wise and removed some of the phony posts. I hope this answers your question. Len
Old 04-10-2016, 08:45 AM

Can you please contact me regarding advertising?
Thank you,
Mandi Harris
Bug Out Service
mharris@environmentalpestservice.com
c. 404-985-8909
Old 04-10-2016, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,933 Times in 2,176 Posts

I have gone to the site and not been able to read any of the reviews, what gives?
Old 04-13-2016, 08:58 AM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Recommendation Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I have gone to the site and not been able to read any of the reviews, what gives?
Go to the top of this column and click the link it seems to open for me. Click on reviews.
Old 01-20-2021, 02:34 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Todds screen repair Good afternoon villagers!! Anyone looking for screen repair work? Call TODD"S SCREEN REPAIRS today, the ONLY Todd's in the Villages. 352-315-9517
Old 01-20-2021, 03:46 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,621 Times in 3,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post

Same here. I quit looking. No value.
Old 01-20-2021, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,741 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Same here. I quit looking. No value.
Hopefully VT has figured it out since his post in April 2016
Old 01-20-2021, 04:12 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,621 Times in 3,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Hopefully VT has figured it out since his post in April 2016

He probably did..............I jus gave up.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.