Lexus Maintenance

Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Location: Endwell (NY), Cherry Hill (NJ), Naperville (IL), Philadelphia (PA), Tamarind Grove
Default Lexus Maintenance

I'm a new resident and have a Lexus that will need maintenance soon. I think the closest dealer is in Orlando. Previously I've been spoiled because the dealer would come and get my car and leave me a loaner. What are my options in The Villages?

Also, my GPS needs to be updated for this area. The price I looked up was $200 and it was suggested to take it into the dealer - are there other options?
Old 06-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor111947 View Post
I'm a new resident and have a Lexus that will need maintenance soon. I think the closest dealer is in Orlando. Previously I've been spoiled because the dealer would come and get my car and leave me a loaner. What are my options in The Villages?

Also, my GPS needs to be updated for this area. The price I looked up was $200 and it was suggested to take it into the dealer - are there other options?
Depending on your model, if routine maintenance is needed, many Toyota dealerships will perform the services. I'm guessing the navgation update might need to be at a Lexus dealership, but you could also check with a Toyota dealer.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Default Tampa Lexus

will pick up your car, leave you a loaner, and bring it back. No charge.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman268 View Post
will pick up your car, leave you a loaner, and bring it back. No charge.
This still amazes me. My daughter bought her Lexus in Los Angeles. They would bring her a loaner on a flat bed, load hers, and bring it back when done.

She lives in Santa Barbara, depending on traffic the drive could be spending 2-3 hours on the road each way.

No charge. WOW.

My vehicle pictured above cost a lot more than any Lexus but I still have to drive it in for service.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyBoy View Post
This still amazes me. My daughter bought her Lexus in Los Angeles. They would bring her a loaner on a flat bed, load hers, and bring it back when done.

She lives in Santa Barbara, depending on traffic the drive could be spending 2-3 hours on the road each way.

No charge. WOW.

My vehicle pictured above cost a lot more than any Lexus but I still have to drive it in for service.
My guess is the flat bed charge on that puppy would be more than any Lexus.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Default Lexus navigation update

I had my Lexus RX 350 navigation system (generation 5) DVD updated 2 months ago at my dealership. The cost was about $250 installed. The DVD itself is $199.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Platinum member

Our friends have a Lexus and have it serviced at Phillips Toyota. Anyone know where to get a Jaguar serviced possibly nearby?
Old 06-03-2011, 06:27 AM
Location: Endwell (NY), Cherry Hill (NJ), Naperville (IL), Philadelphia (PA), Tamarind Grove

Thanks for the info about Tampa Lexus. Also I never thought about using a Toyota dealer for service, but it makes sense.

Their pickup/loaner service is a major reason why I've been a Lexus owner for almost twenty years. They would even pick it up at my office.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

Have you thought about buying a portable GPS instead of updating the installed one? For the same cost you could have one with all the bells and whistles, and lifetime updates, and use in your Lexus, your spouse's car, your golf cart, and take in with you on vacation if you rent a car. And not have to worry about the next $250 Lexus update.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.