Home Warranty Companies

Closed Thread
Old 12-14-2018, 04:02 PM
Default Home Warranty Companies

I wondered your thoughts on home warranty companies, Has anyone used Broward Home Warranty? If so, what are your thoughts. Thank you.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,412 Times in 5,105 Posts

I don't like any home warranty companies. If something goes wrong, you are stuck with a company that doesn't want to pay the claim, and who hires substandard, out of town contractors who will not stand behind their work. For example, if your air conditioner breaks, you may have to wait a day or two for someone to show up from Ocala or Orlando to fix it. Without the warranty, you could choose from 6-8 qualified companies located in The Villages who will come fix it within an hour or so. I would stay away from these home warranty companies all together. Just my opinion.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:44 PM

I have lots of experience with Home Warranty Companies. They are all horrible. First, there is a deductible/call out fee. Then "they" pick cheapest contractor who tries to make up his loss by finding more to fix. Then you must wait. You can't wait on HVAC, Refrigerator and especially if water is running on the floor, etc. Most all fixes need fixing THAT DAY.

Then, any repair PART like AC or replacement like microwave, etc. will NOT be equal to your existing and it WILL NOT BE SAME COLOR. It will be cheapest possible.

Better of putting premiums in a maintenance kitty fund.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:07 PM

Agree with previous poster. If something needs replaced, you never get same quality product. If you like waiting for a contractor from who knows where for who knows how long to provide you the cheapest possible resolution you will be happy with Home Warranties...…

Just my experience with several of the BIG names.....
Royal Air Force Benson, England
Eielson Air Force Base, AK, Clark AFB, Philippines
Kadena AFB, Okinawa Japan, Yakota AFB, Japan
Osan AB, Pyeongtaek, South Korea, Yangsan Army Garrison, Seoul South Korea
Old 12-14-2018, 05:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Never used them. Never missed them.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:57 PM

While I haven’t used one a sister of mine had one on a house she purchased 9 years ago. She had one call the first year that exceeded the cost of the policy. She renewed the policy, she had a built in refrigerator replaced at cost of $7000+, a Viking range replaced, microwave hood replaced, Fisher-Pakel dishwasher replaced, hot water heater replaced, AC condenser replaced (she has 3) in the house.

I’ve told her she will be dropped, but every year they have renewed her. The call out fee is $75 per instance.

She lives in Mississippi and has her choice of repair people, she can and has refused when they state that bubba will come out and gets the service person of her choice. If the unit can’t be repaired, she can receive a buyout based on replacement costs.
Your mileage may vary, but she has been very pleased with her coverage.
I believe it is American Home Warranty, but I can double check if you are interested.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:29 PM

Thank you. I will check out that company.
Juliewna
Old 12-18-2018, 07:43 AM
Sage

I have a friend up north that just bought a house that had one and the dishwasher wasn't working so she called. She's still having issues getting the job done and it's been 2 weeks. She moved right after Thanksgiving. She's not sure that it's such a great deal as she'd expected, after all.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, warranty, thoughts, companies, wondered

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.