Home Warranty plans- Old Republic and others

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2020, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan157 View Post
I use Broward Factory Service (352)307-5100 located out of Summerfield FL. The cost may be less annually and there is $0 cost when they do a service call. The $0 co-pay is what sets them apart from most other plans and response time is quick.
I also have Broward. Just bought just under 1 year ago. The sellers bought the policy because of a leak in the Freon system . Well everything was fine but my icemaker kept on jamming. they wouldn't cover it because it was a factory defect and it was.
Next my air conditioning stopped working. they came defrosted the system topped off the Freon and within 3 weeks had to come back. turns out the piping to the air handler , that ran under the garage floor had to be replaced at my cost,$1600. it does state in the contract that they don't repair plumbing. they then 2 months ago had to come back and replaced something else ' no charge. All in all always right there when needed, no service charges and good service. I would renew again. The next thing to go is the Air conditioner and that should be covered
Old 10-13-2020, 05:34 PM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

They are great for folks that flip homes and first time homeowners.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:02 AM

I'm not a fan of the home warranty. I had used them on rental propertiesand they had paid off. When i moved down here and got one through American Home Shield, I had to call the company 3 times before they FINALLY sent someone out to look at my garage door, and then still had to pay a large chunk after the contracted-company no-showed to my house for their appointment. Next, my water heater went out, and they wouldn't replace electric water heaters (my fault for not reading the fine print, but it was never expressed to me either). In my opinion, having a small "rainy day fund" is honestly better off. And you can choose who comes out and when it gets done.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, republic, warranty, roof, cost

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.