Homeowner's Insurance

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2018, 01:04 PM
Default Homeowner's Insurance

Shopping for a home in The Villages now. Looking for recommendations for homeowner's insurance. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

State Farm will be among the highest priced for comparable coverages.

If a AAA member see what they have to offer.

Check Tower Hill, they have excellent coverage options and pricing.

Shop around as prices vary significantly.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:39 PM

Allyson Grant with The Villages Insurance was very helpful when we needed homeowner's insurance. My mother also used Allyson when she purchased in TV. Tower Hill was the company best suited for our needs.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Villages Insurance with offices at Brownwood, LSL and SS is a good independent agent who knows all the ins and outs. I have our CYV with them since it was new, they used Integrity Insurance. We started in 2011 at $508 a year and it's now $711 a year. That's will full coverage. My golf cart they used Foremost Insurance, was $140 a year when it was brand new in 2011, now it's about $90 a year.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Third vote for The Villages Insurance. While there, talk to them about car and golf cart insurance. We ended up going with them for all three.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:36 PM
Veteran member

Look for an insurance company that actually is licensed to sell in Florida and not thru an subsidiary. We went through Geico to bundle with our auto for discounts only to find we aren't insured with Geico so no multi policy discount. We were with the Villages insurance when we first moved here but through someone's negligence we didn't get a bill and we weren't aware their was a problem until we got a cancellation letter from the insurance company. There wasn't any warning letter, no call from our agent and the worst part was that when we reinstated the policy they informed us that they wouldn't include the sinkhole rider that we had with the original policy.... RRRR.. To this day my cynical self feels that this was a way for them to get out of the sinkhole business....This was 8 years ago so hopefully they are more on top of things...
Old 01-19-2018, 09:35 PM

As a retired insurance agent from New York, having 40 years experience in the business I can wholeheartedly recommend the Villages Insurance. Each of their offices is staffed by competent agents who can help you with your home, auto and golf cart insurance needs. As “ independent” agents they represent many companies, so they can tailor a program best suited to fit your needs and your budget.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,688 Times in 5,234 Posts

I have insurance with ASI through The Villages Insurance. Make sure you get "sinkhole" coverage, not "catastrophic ground collapse" coverage. There is a difference and some companies do not sell sinkhole coverage. It is very confusing to understand the difference, but you need the sinkhole coverage, if it is available for your house.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
State Farm will be among the highest priced for comparable coverages.

If a AAA member see what they have to offer.

Check Tower Hill, they have excellent coverage options and pricing.

Shop around as prices vary significantly.
That is not absolutely true! if you have your car, umbrellas golf carts etc you get a multi line discount. Also you can get a better sink hole and hurricane deductible.
If your driving record is good and you take a senior driving course you get a 5% discount over three years.
Shop apples to apple.
Nathan Thomas on 301 is a great state farm agent and Debbie the mom knows her stuff.
352-748-5272
If your looking for price and junk coverage then there are plenty of company's out there to get a policy that won't step to the plate when you need them.
Good luck folks just a little FYI, i have been with State Farm for over 30 years and side by side they let me sleep at night.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:12 AM

Other national companies are also offering sinkhole coverage (no inspection) bundle credits and deductibles as low as $500 if your home qualifies.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Third vote for The Villages Insurance. While there, talk to them about car and golf cart insurance. We ended up going with them for all three.

I have been dealing with Carri Wildman, (manager), in the Brownwood office for four years and she is extremely knowledgeable. She knows the insurance business inside/out.

I got a new roof courtesy of hurricane Irma via American Integrity homeowners insurance. They were very easy to deal with.

I also have car and cart insurance on one policy. She always runs it through every company to ensure it's the lowest rate.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-05-2018, 05:09 PM
Sage

If it is available for your home sinkhole insurance is important. It will add $ to the price. For us about $250 extra but worth it. We use the Villages insurance and have our homeowner's insurance through ASI.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:53 PM

ASI has a 10% deductible for sinkhole, right? I have a $1000 deductible with my company for sinkhole.
Closed Thread

Tags
homeowners, insurance, greatly, advance, information

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.