Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2020, 05:07 AM
Send a message via AIM to JudyLife

We have sinkhole with Safe Harbor
Old 07-27-2020, 05:43 AM
Default Sink Hole Coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj740@comcast.net View Post
Does everyone in TV have sinkhole insurance on HO policy? Recommendations for a provider of HO insurance? Thanks very much.
I do. Safe Harbor Insurance Co. It is optional, but I chose to take the coverage.
Old 07-27-2020, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
We have it with Allstate. Hopefully will never find out how good it is.

Might consider a very tall ladder in case you wake up one morning underground.
the
Allstate has extensive sinkhole coverage with the same deductible as you have on your dwelling The only company I was able to find that did not have a bid deductible
Old 07-27-2020, 07:30 AM
Veteran member

I have American integrity insurance through the villages. My rate last year was $605. I received my renewal notice and the price went up to $1178. I have been shopping around and found that many insurance companies won’t ensure a home that is 15 years old that has not had the roof replaced and also if they have not replaced the water heater. I am changing to Farmer’s Insurance this year and am also replacing my 15 year old water heater. My roof was inspected and is still good for now.
Old 07-27-2020, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,334 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
Our homeowners policy covers catastrophic sinkholes. We found out that if we want the other type, we would have to pay half the cost of an inspection prior to obtaining the other sinkhole insurance. Well, we don’t know what that cost would be, nor did Villages Insurance. Then, if we got approved, we don’t know what this coverage would cost.

So, we’re in the process of mulling this over.
I understand that, if you don't have the optional sinkhole coverage, your house will need to be condemned by the Government (county?) before the basic catastrophic coverage will pay for the damage to your house.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:05 AM

Call Dees Insurance Group in Sarasota (941) 306-4524. They are brokers and can check policies and premiums through several companies. Our policy has sinkhole loss coverage with a 10% deductible. It added $110 to our annual premium, but worth it to me for the peace of mind.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:25 AM
Veteran member

I highly recommend that you get the extra sink hole coverage. We use Progressive. But if I remember correctly they told my husband that they actually go through USAA for the coverage. We've had USAA for auto and they are a good company. Personally I'd try USAA before Progressive. I'm not a fan of Progressive simply because they hassled me for a year after one of their auto policy holders rear ended me. Even tried to get me to release all my medical records to them and I had never claimed to be injured from the accident.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:48 AM

USAA, if you are eligible.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:56 AM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

I was told I did not need it where I am
Old 07-27-2020, 11:29 AM
Default Sinkhole insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
give Triple A a call...we have a HO policy with them that has sink hole coverage

doubtful that 'everyone' in TV has sinkhole coverage...that's a personal decision everyone makes for any number of reasons
The legislature changed the law at the behest of insurance companies just a few years ago. Standard homeowner’s coverage for sinkhole damage requires your house to be uninhabitable. Therefore, any damage that doesn’t make it uninhabitable is your problem unless you buy extra coverage - at least that is how it was explained to me. So I went with AAA. It costs extra but does cover sinkhole damage that affects your house even if you can still live in it. Most companies will require a sinkhole inspection prior to giving coverage.
Old 07-27-2020, 11:32 AM
Default Sinkhole insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
I have Traveler's insurance with sinkhole (w/10% deductible) and full coverages. Got it through Villages Insurance. Just had our 2nd renewal and was $760 for year which was an increase of about $6(six) dollars over last year. Of course size of home makes a difference and we have a 2/2 Colony so obviously a larger home would be more. Our renewal was July 1st and I did a LOT of comparison shopping comparing identical coverages and this was by far the lowest cost policy of all. Allstate was same price but NO SINKHOLE (other than legal requirements). They wanted a few hundred more to add the 10% ded sinkhole coverage. Progressive direct was $100 more without sinkhole so I went no further. I did drop Villages Ins for my auto and went with Geico. Long story there and posted elsewhere.
I did have The Villages Insurance and in 2018 they would not provide sinkhole coverage thus I had to go elsewhere - read your policy carefully. It may require that your home is uninhabitable.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:40 PM
Default New Homeowner's Insurance Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj740@comcast.net View Post
Does everyone in TV have sinkhole insurance on HO policy? Recommendations for a provider of HO insurance? Thanks very much.
When my HO policy was up for renewal late last year (at about a 25% bump) I shopped around and found "Universal Insurance Company of North America" out of Sarasota. I used the Strassman Insurance Group out of Lake Mary as the agent (407-333-4553). The premium was 40% less than my previous carrier and they stepped up to the plate and popped for a reroof recently. It doesn't get much better than that. I'll re-up with them no matter what.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
I do. State Farm is pricey, but some of the quotes I got were from what I considered sketchy companies who were cheaper.
Recently switched from Progressive to Travelers. Better pricing. Ask Village Insurance.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:25 PM

Recently switched from Progressive to Travelers. Better pricing. Ask Village Insurance.
Old 07-30-2020, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgirl View Post
I was told I did not need it where I am
Get that in writing with signature of agent who told you that
Closed Thread

Tags
insurance, provider, recommendations, homeowners, policy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.