Lanai Floor Paint

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2020, 08:23 AM
Default Lanai Floor Paint

Any thoughts on Lanai floor painting. Looking for pros and cons and also a contractor recommendations.
(Lanai is screened and gets very little sun exposure.)
Old 02-07-2020, 11:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

Make sure that whoever does your paint job, puts an anti-skid (known as 'shark grip' or equal) in the final coat or you may end up with an ice skating rink when the floor is wet.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalino View Post
Any thoughts on Lanai floor painting. Looking for pros and cons and also a contractor recommendations.
(Lanai is screened and gets very little sun exposure.)
Either Tropicrete (Florida Paints) or Acryla-Deck (Sherwin Williams}. I've used both products for customers, and have had excellent results with both. Unless you have an anti-slip surface like we use for pool decks (a knock down finish similar to wall texture}, you will want to add SharkGrip (Sherwin Williams) or Clear Grip (Home Depot).

Any of the local painting companies can do this job for you...Kling, Oscars, etc.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:47 PM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

we find garnet, aluminum oxide, & quartz anti-slip additives far superior to either shark's/clear grip or 'knock-down' ( ak slop trowel/tuscan) finish,,, from what i saw last month, many in the trade use sher-wms' 'h & c' ( driveway / lanai / etc ) coatings

saw several good driveways as while househunting but learned that particular artisan was out of biz,,, for the most part, tv work wasn't bad - just not inspired,,, however, that usually goes to owner's wallet/budget more often than not,,, in the end, its generally about price w/'true value' getting lost in the shuffle.
eg - lady on tatum terrace is having her d/w redone - slippery when wet & boring as it repeats theme of many others in the 'hood,,, i expect the same operator for most of those
Old 02-07-2020, 03:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadry View Post
we find garnet, aluminum oxide, & quartz anti-slip additives far superior to either shark's/clear grip or 'knock-down' ( ak slop trowel/tuscan) finish,,, from what i saw last month, many in the trade use sher-wms' 'h & c' ( driveway / lanai / etc ) coatings

saw several good driveways as while househunting but learned that particular artisan was out of biz,,, for the most part, tv work wasn't bad - just not inspired,,, however, that usually goes to owner's wallet/budget more often than not,,, in the end, its generally about price w/'true value' getting lost in the shuffle.
eg - lady on tatum terrace is having her d/w redone - slippery when wet & boring as it repeats theme of many others in the 'hood,,, i expect the same operator for most of those
In my personal experience, I have 5 or more coats on my lanai and pool deck. The knockdown was done when the pool was built, and have never had one incident in which it was slippery either by rain or pool water. As far as the "boring", I'm not sure what you're referring to, as the OP simply wants her lanai floor painted.
Old 02-08-2020, 06:13 AM
Veteran member

We used "Cost Less Driveway Designs" to paint our lanai floor, garage floor and patio to match our previously done driveway and front walk. They did an excellent job matching the work. You'd never know it wasn't done at by the same people, at the same time.

9659 SE 165th Ln
Summerfield, Florida 34491

(352) 255-6535

PS......and it's held up beautifully in our screened lanai. No fading.

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!

Last edited by lanabanana73; 02-08-2020 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Adding text
Closed Thread

Tags
lanai, floor, sun, screened, recommendations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.