Honda auto dealers?

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2018, 12:16 PM
Default Honda auto dealers?

I'm thinking about buying a new Honda HRV to replace my existing HRV. So far, I have not found a local dealer that I'm comfortable with.

Has anyone had a good experience with Honda auto dealers within 100 miles of The Villages?

Thank you!
Old 08-21-2018, 12:29 PM
Send a message via AIM to PWPOTE2000
Smile Honda Dealer

Try Love Honda in Homasssa,FL. I could not make a decent deal with the dealer in Leesburg, very happy
with the sales experience and very pleased with the service after the sale.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

If you know exactly what trim model you want, I suggest sending an email to every Honda dealer within say 100 miles. Tell them what you want, color, add-ons, all the details including any incentives you should receive. Request a final cost including all taxes, fees etc, the size of the check you will be writing. Many will reply with a final cost which you can accept or decline or use with a nearby dealer to negotiate. Do not include the trade in value in your search. That is a separate negotiation.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:59 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
If you know exactly what trim model you want, I suggest sending an email to every Honda dealer within say 100 miles. Tell them what you want, color, add-ons, all the details including any incentives you should receive. Request a final cost including all taxes, fees etc, the size of the check you will be writing. Many will reply with a final cost which you can accept or decline or use with a nearby dealer to negotiate. Do not include the trade in value in your search. That is a separate negotiation.
That is what I did when I bought my last new car. I then took the lowest quote to the dealer that was near by and they matched the quote.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,616 Times in 5,196 Posts

I would go to the closest dealer. The only thing that really matters is the price. I bought a Ford at Key Scales, but have never been back because I like Village Ford better. Once you buy the car, you can have it serviced at any Honda dealer. But, I would consider upgrading to a CRV because it is more popular and I think it will have a better resale value.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:31 PM
Veteran member

Check this out, James Bragg has a great carefully planned strategy for getting the best price on a vehicle of your choice:

http://www.fightingchance.com/
Old 08-23-2018, 03:03 PM

Trade In - Was considering buying used at Car-max. They gave me a written quote for my trade-in and would buy it from me at that price even if I didn't buy from them. Ended up buying new at a Honda dealer. They offered me $1,000 less on my trade-in but matched Car-Max when I showed them the written quote. Loved the Car-Max experience and would prefer to buy from them next time. Be sure to pitch your trade-in. IE, Southern car, only 10,000 miles on new tires.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpvillager View Post
Trade In - Was considering buying used at Car-max. They gave me a written quote for my trade-in and would buy it from me at that price even if I didn't buy from them. Ended up buying new at a Honda dealer. They offered me $1,000 less on my trade-in but matched Car-Max when I showed them the written quote. Loved the Car-Max experience and would prefer to buy from them next time. Be sure to pitch your trade-in. IE, Southern car, only 10,000 miles on new tires.
I sold two cars to Car-max back in Maryland and both times the amount offered was the KBB wholesale price to the dollar. So if you want to know what they'll give you. Just go to KBB.com and click on 'what is my car worth' and then check all the boxes as to make, model, options, color, mileage and condition. They no longer break it down to wholesale, retail, private party, it will be a range and wholesale will be the lower end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2016
I'm thinking about buying a new Honda HRV to replace my existing HRV. So far, I have not found a local dealer that I'm comfortable with.

Has anyone had a good experience with Honda auto dealers within 100 miles of The Villages?

Thank you!
I went dealer shopping in April so I could buy a new Hyundai Kona and I knew I didn't want to deal with Jenkins. I had a 2013 Hyundai that I bought in Winter Haven but had Jenkins service the car. Every 3 months like clock-work they had telemarketers call and say, it's time for your next service. They had no clue about the dealer if you asked a question. The dealer itself did a good job as far as service, but I had gone to Winter Haven in the first place because Jenkins has an $899 dealer price right up front plus they are known to add on many dealer options at full price.

I looked at dealerrater.com and google reviews and every Hyundai dealer within my 100 mile range had 4 or 5 stars, that didn't give me much help. I have used Yelp.com for restaurants and many other businesses, so I tried that, and found the opposite. Almost every dealer has 1 or 2 stars, the same ones that had 4 or 5 stars on the other site. Hyundai of Central Florida in Clermont was one of only 2 dealers that had 4 stars out of 5. I was also interested in a Toyota Camry and found the Toyota of Clermont, which is almost side-by-side was the top rated Toyota dealer.

Next I just emailed Hyundai of Central Florida in the blind to their address on the website and a salesman named George Spencer replied. I emailed him almost everyday for two weeks with various questions about color, the 4 different trim levels, trade-in price, etc and he responded everytime within an hour or two. Their price for the Limited model was $24,200 and that was out the door minus tax, title and tax.

Next I went to Jenkins Hyundai of Leesburg just to see a Kona in person since they were new and i had only seen them on TV. I stayed and got a price, it was my trade-in plus $3800. Next I went to Hyundai of Central Florida and after I drove the car and picked out the one I wanted. They gave me $24,000 for my car, so I payed my car plus $200, plus the tax was only $14 and tag and title totaled less than $200. So you can see they were far better than Jenkins as far as price and everyone there was top notch. As to Honda, I don't know, but check out yelp.com and see who's best.
Old 08-23-2018, 05:55 PM
Veteran member

Call Michael Lehman at Ocala Honda. He is a great salesperson and will give you an excellent deal. One of Honda’s top salesmen in SE US
Old 08-23-2018, 07:23 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

I too would encourage you to look at a CRV vs the HRV. CRV is a lot more car in my opinion. The ratings are great. Homossassa might be worth the short drive. We have owned five Various Honda’s and just put our granddaughter in one. Never had a problem...

Tags
honda, hrv, auto, dealers, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.