Hopefully a conclusive Airport Van Thread...

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2021, 02:51 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default Hopefully a conclusive Airport Van Thread...

I know there have been quite a few posts over the years re Shuttles to<>from Orlando Airport. Some recent ones have detailed serious issues with Creative Concierge and others. We will need airport transport for planned trips a couple weeks from now, and would appreciate concrete advice. The last few trips (a year ++ ago), we used Creative Concierge and all was fine, but concerned now.

We really like the home pickup/dropoff feature. Considering Villages Airport Van now. Before we book - anyone have recent experience and recommendation?

Thx in advance,
Old 05-14-2021, 02:58 PM
Veteran member

No experience, but we have reservations on the 23rd for a trip from Orlando to the house. I can report back then.
Old 05-14-2021, 03:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We have been using creative concierge for 19 trips, with no issues.
Our friends used them round trip, 4/18, arrival 1800 MCO and departure 4/26 @ 0300. New Cadillac suv, on time, nice driver. They were extremely happy.
I also have read disappointing posts, and am guessing the fleet may have taken a hit with nobody going to airports for a year. Our youngest is arriving Monday with Creative, will give an update
Old 05-14-2021, 03:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
.Considering Villages Airport Van now.
We have had good experiences within the past twelve months with VAV, but also with Groome Transportation
Old 05-14-2021, 03:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,933 Times in 2,703 Posts

The experience you have with the airport van is very good if you live in the southern most parts of the Villages and it gets increasingly bad the further north you live. If you live north of 466, forget it. You will be the first to be picked up on the way to the airport and last to be dropped off going from MCO to your home. If you don't mind wasting about an hour and a half taking a tour of the Villages every time you use the service, I guess it is OK if you live in the northern sections.
Old 05-14-2021, 03:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
I know there have been quite a few posts over the years re Shuttles to<>from Orlando Airport. Some recent ones have detailed serious issues with Creative Concierge and others. We will need airport transport for planned trips a couple weeks from now, and would appreciate concrete advice. The last few trips (a year ++ ago), we used Creative Concierge and all was fine, but concerned now.

We really like the home pickup/dropoff feature. Considering Villages Airport Van now. Before we book - anyone have recent experience and recommendation?

Thx in advance,
Always have had good results with Dave's transportation.

PS: You're far from new here, so did you really expect a conclusive thread on TOTV???
Old 05-14-2021, 04:42 PM

How do the different services compare price wise? Do they all go to Sanford, too?
Old 05-14-2021, 05:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
We have had good experiences within the past twelve months with VAV, but also with Groome Transportation
As of right now depending on time of day at MCO both groome and workman there is a 2hour between pickups. Long time to wait for older clients. Used to be every hour, maybe in the fall there will be more times
Old 05-14-2021, 08:22 PM

Suggestion - Instead of traveling with your spouse in a cramped van and a round-trip ticket for two will run about $150, why not just drive to the airport and use an off-site parking lot which will charge under $9 per day.
Old 05-14-2021, 08:45 PM
Veteran member

Not everyone is flying round trip. We are driving up, leaving the vehicle there and flying back with check for said vehicle.
Old 05-15-2021, 04:53 AM

We use to drive ourselves but at 82 yrs old we have problems with vision and especially after dark. Better to be safe and let someone else drive. Worth the money otherwise we can’t travel.
Old 05-15-2021, 05:42 AM

I’ve used both Villages Airport & Groome (most recent 2 weeks ago) and I’ve had good experiences with both. Price ends up being very similar and aside from the 90 minute wait at airport return service no real complaints. I would feel comfortable using either one again in the future.
Old 05-15-2021, 05:44 AM

Jerry’s Deluxe Car Service. Private car, door to door service and reliable.
1 (352) 208-2637
Old 05-15-2021, 05:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
The experience you have with the airport van is very good if you live in the southern most parts of the Villages and it gets increasingly bad the further north you live. If you live north of 466, forget it. You will be the first to be picked up on the way to the airport and last to be dropped off going from MCO to your home. If you don't mind wasting about an hour and a half taking a tour of the Villages every time you use the service, I guess it is OK if you live in the northern sections.
Not too bad at the moment as the vehicle is limited to less than half its carrying capacity. We made just one stop between "north of 466" and the turnpike, in Fenney.

(It actually proved to be a time-saver as the on ramp to the turnpike was backed up at Wildwood so, after the Fenney pick-up, we joined the turnpike at the next on ramp.)
Old 05-15-2021, 05:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
This was my experience as well about 8 years ago when I visited my mom the first few times. Going to MCO was fine, I got picked up, we filled up and off to the airport.

Coming from the airport was a nearly 3 hour slog since she lived off Chula Vista(north of 466) and that was when Brownwood was just opening. I can't imagine it now if they start dropping off in Fenney or even further south than that!
Closed Thread

Tags
airport, recent, van, trips, creative

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.