House cleaners question

Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2018, 04:18 PM
Sage
Default House cleaners question

NOT looking for one but have a question. We've had a certain team that came highly recommended, for once a month cleaning for over 3 years. I've been fairly satisfied with their work as they come in, do the job and leave. I've not had to follow them around nor check up on them Now two times (not in a row)I've noticed that there has been evidence of someone hurrying through. Our master bath has a dark floor that hides a plethora of most everything. You folks who have cleaners...has this been a issue for you as well? I don't want to post the name (it's not a local one as they come from "out of town") but will say, if you p.m. me. The 1st time I let the business owner know (she wasn't here today) so I'll definitely have to say something again. She had told me if I'd call her they'd come back...but I know they'd be "on the road" by then so it will have to wait til I talk to her about next time. She'd bonded etc. and I'd hate to have to go about finding another that may be less efficient and reliable. Up til now she's accommodated us very well into her busy schedule.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,643 Times in 5,212 Posts

I have never trusted a cleaning service to go through my house. But, I understand that some services will send just one person to clean. That would be my preference rather than a team. I also don't understand a company that is "bonded". Really, what good is that going do you?
Old 11-14-2018, 04:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I have never trusted a cleaning service to go through my house. But, I understand that some services will send just one person to clean. That would be my preference rather than a team. I also don't understand a company that is "bonded". Really, what good is that going do you?
Probably "IF" something was broken or stolen. I prefer a team as they do the job and are in and out. Each takes a room or a task. We had a single person before this...and she took "forever" to do the job (but wasn't reliable in coming on "her day"). One of us stays home as I'd never let anyone in with the house being empty....ever. We have to have this as neither of us is able to do the job anymore due to some medical and physical issues. So it's a need and not a want!!!
Old 11-14-2018, 05:05 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts

We have a "cleaning lady", but she usually comes with two others (sometimes just one other). The are in and out in an hour. We have been very happy with them.

Everyone has good days and bad days. I have not felt the need to give them a call about missing something or leaving marks.

Now............Off-the-Record:
I have left little tests once in a while to see how well they are doing. (It drives my Bride crazy). Might have a small smudge on a mirror. Might leave a tiny piece of grass behind the door. Might leave a small water mark on a table. Might leave a small dead bug in the shower.

I know, I know................I have issues.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:21 PM
Platinum member

I once operated a cleaning service and we contracted for a specific amount of time. No in and out because it is friday afternoon etc. People met with the cleaner and talked about how and where the time was spent. As to possible thefts I would now put up a go pro and see if the cleaner was opening drawers or going into private areas.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
We have a "cleaning lady", but she usually comes with two others (sometimes just one other). The are in and out in an hour. We have been very happy with them.

Everyone has good days and bad days. I have not felt the need to give them a call about missing something or leaving marks.

Now............Off-the-Record:
I have left little tests once in a while to see how well they are doing. (It drives my Bride crazy). Might have a small smudge on a mirror. Might leave a tiny piece of grass behind the door. Might leave a small water mark on a table. Might leave a small dead bug in the shower.

I know, I know................I have issues.

You are so bad...... lol....
Old 11-15-2018, 07:05 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

we had similar issues. good at first, then more lax as time went on. we moved on and found another who does a great job (so far)
Old 11-15-2018, 07:56 AM

I've had good ones and some who start out good and then wind up slacking off. I too usually leave little "tests" to see if they are really paying attention. I would think for what they charge (most are making $20 an hour) they would be top of the line. Unfortunately, the word is out that The Villages is Ripe territory, so they ask for a lot of money and think we're so old we won't notice when they don't go a good job. I usually only hire one person. I find it hard to keep track of three or four people wandering around my house! I'm not comfortable with that!
Old 11-15-2018, 09:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny70 View Post
I've had good ones and some who start out good and then wind up slacking off. I too usually leave little "tests" to see if they are really paying attention. I would think for what they charge (most are making $20 an hour) they would be top of the line. Unfortunately, the word is out that The Villages is Ripe territory, so they ask for a lot of money and think we're so old we won't notice when they don't go a good job. I usually only hire one person. I find it hard to keep track of three or four people wandering around my house! I'm not comfortable with that!
I "get" that.....our house is small and I stay central but do keep vigilant while they're here. One person can linger and do more, I'd think, but then I'm a bit suspicious. I'm not looking to "fire" this team yet. BUT wondered how others have fared. I'm thinking I need to have "the talk" with their owner/leader!! They're hired to do a service and it's not a want for our household but a need. I'd love a site of reputable businesses that are vetted that one can refer to. Chains, I would think, might not be the way to go---but that's just me.
Closed Thread

Tags
time, question, cleaners, 1st, issue

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.