How do I get Internet at both homes

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2020, 10:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpd3062 View Post
We are planning to buy a home in TV in the very near future. I have been wondering if there is a way to have internet service that I could use at both my homes with out paying for two accounts year round? I know I'm a cheap ?#$^%@&. We plan to use antenna for local television but want internet access for streaming and web surfing etc. I have thought about getting a Cell phone service with more DATA or possibly one of those RV Winegard Satellite Antennas that I could take from house to house. We would probably be in TV most of the year but 2 -3 months in Texas. What are ya'lls thoughts any experience with this? I hate to pay for year round service on the house that sits empty for most of the year. Thanks
Hum, I would call one of the cable Co. & have them install theirs. Unless your asking if Texas & Florida has the same cable co. as Texas. My guess would be that no cable co. is going to give you Free cable service for 2 different homes. We live in Texas too, & as far as I know the Dish cable service is the only one that I know that’s in both states. I can also tell you Dish cable co. won’t let you jump from one house to the other for free. I had an antenna when we live in TV for a yr. & we got 50 channels, but about 15 of them were Spanish speaking.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:35 AM

We just went on “Seasonal Hold” with Xfinity for Internet and cable and it costs $31/month. I have Direct TV at my lake house Up north and rotate on and off every 6 mo at no cost during the off months. Thinking of “cutting the cord” with AT&T Cable, Internet and phone at my primary residence which just upped my monthly charge by $30/month. Depending on how that (Air & Streaming) goes, that may become the model to replace Xfinity Cable TV in FL.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpd3062 View Post
We are planning to buy a home in TV in the very near future. I have been wondering if there is a way to have internet service that I could use at both my homes with out paying for two accounts year round? I know I'm a cheap ?#$^%@&. We plan to use antenna for local television but want internet access for streaming and web surfing etc. I have thought about getting a Cell phone service with more DATA or possibly one of those RV Winegard Satellite Antennas that I could take from house to house. We would probably be in TV most of the year but 2 -3 months in Texas. What are ya'lls thoughts any experience with this? I hate to pay for year round service on the house that sits empty for most of the year. Thanks
I live in 2 places, approx 6 months each...I haven AT&T Direct TV for TV and for Fiber Internet connection...I put the account in one place on “vacation” when I am gone, pay $5.00 month...
Old 04-14-2020, 12:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We vaca Comcast at house we are not at. It must be for 30 days, but we leave internet up for cameras. Vaca cost is $40 a month
Old 04-14-2020, 01:31 PM

The problems I had with seasonal hold for both Comcast and Century Link was that when you restarted your service all discounts were eliminated.
They began charging at full rate and claimed that a new 2 year contract was established.
Bye bye.
Spectrum has no contract and mediocre rates.
Old 04-14-2020, 03:14 PM

I have 3 homes and I use my iPhone as a hot spot for internet at all 3 homes. I do not pay for internet service as the hot spot is a feature of my iPhone and included in my monthly cell charge. Everyone has a personal hot spot in settings but few use it. I surf the internet, mail and do anything I want. So when I go to one of my homes the iPhone comes along right? So there.......just a suggestion. Works for me. (the only thing it won't do is use it for streaming your smart TV). I watch Netflix on my laptop just fine, You tube, etc. Of course you need an unlimited data plan.
Old 04-14-2020, 05:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Hum, I would call one of the cable Co. & have them install theirs. Unless your asking if Texas & Florida has the same cable co. as Texas. My guess would be that no cable co. is going to give you Free cable service for 2 different homes. We live in Texas too, & as far as I know the Dish cable service is the only one that I know that’s in both states. I can also tell you Dish cable co. won’t let you jump from one house to the other for free. I had an antenna when we live in TV for a yr. & we got 50 channels, but about 15 of them were Spanish speaking.
There you go KPD3062, Buckeye Bandit has your solution! TV has Direct TV, your all set.
Old 04-16-2020, 05:39 AM

We have a hotspot through Verizon(our internet provider). $10/mo. and I can take it anywhere and have internet service.
Closed Thread

Tags
year, house, service, internet, round

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.