Huge increase - Foremost golf cart insurance

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom52 View Post
When i purchased a new golf cart last year the cost for insurance thru Foremost was $153. I got a renewal notice in the mail today and the price for same coverage jumped to $208. That is a 35.9% increase. No claims from my end. Anyone else with Foremost seeing this kind of increase? Can anyone suggest a cheaper alternative?
To put it simple: yes exactly the same- their increase and no claims ever $208. I switched to progressive yesterday even though it was within $2 different. For me, it was the moral and ethical reason. The more I think about it probably has to do with CVD 19 and they have to make up dollars lost for the year- not to say that I agree with this practice cuz that increase is too huge IMO. Things just seem way out of whack this year. Like... Twilight zone episodes every part of life circumstances. The sad part is that this will be the new normal and they will never decrease!
Old 07-03-2020, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom52 View Post
When i purchased a new golf cart last year the cost for insurance thru Foremost was $153. I got a renewal notice in the mail today and the price for same coverage jumped to $208. That is a 35.9% increase. No claims from my end. Anyone else with Foremost seeing this kind of increase? Can anyone suggest a cheaper alternative?
I started with Foremost golf cart insurance in 2011, and it was $140. Over the years it had gone down to about $90 and then last year shot back up to $140, and the new bill came yesterday at $102. I've never had a claim or a ticket.

I can live with $140 or less. My neighbor that I play golf with, said he doesn't have golf cart insurance. He worked for a major insurer in Jacksonville for several years, and said it's covered under his homeowners. From I read, it's only covered if you're traveling to and from the golf course and on the golf course. That's his decision.
Closed Thread

Tags
increase, foremost, golf, cart, insurance

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.