Huge Shout For Original Mattress Factory

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2020, 12:41 PM
Default Huge Shout For Original Mattress Factory

The customer service at Original Mattress Factory does everything to insure that their customers are satisfied with their mattresses. From the sales floor to the delivery guys they are very honest & professional. My wife & I highly recommend Original Mattress Factory in The Villages.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleBailey View Post
The customer service at Original Mattress Factory does everything to insure that their customers are satisfied with their mattresses. From the sales floor to the delivery guys they are very honest & professional. My wife & I highly recommend Original Mattress Factory in The Villages.

I've had mine for a year...and am still extremely pleased.

I'm also glad I did some research and went for the two twins, instead of just one mattress...to make up my king size.

Rotating the twin mattresses is enough work...couldn't imagine 'wrassling' with the king size one.
Old 03-05-2020, 02:53 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,280 Times in 1,426 Posts

We moved here from the Cleveland area and have been buying OMF mattresses for years as do our grown children. Never had a problem with them.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:13 PM
Sage

When we lived in Cary,NC we had one of their king mattresses that you could flip--we would get e-mail updates as to rotate & flip the mattress--the only problem was the weight --it took both of us to life the corners, just to change sheets, etc

Nothing wrong with them if you don't have Hertz rent-a gorilla to help make the bed--we have gone to a select air mattress system
Old 03-05-2020, 06:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,369 Times in 3,050 Posts

Another reason to be glad we got a Sleep Number. The mattress weighs less than 25 pounds, and it doesn't ever need flipping, and never sags in the middle.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,465 Times in 545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

I've had mine for a year...and am still extremely pleased.

I'm also glad I did some research and went for the two twins, instead of just one mattress...to make up my king size.

Rotating the twin mattresses is enough work...couldn't imagine 'wrassling' with the king size one.
Question for you: do the edges of the twin mattresses bother you when you’re lying on them? Our king weighs a ton, and even getting the sheets on are a struggle, much less trying to turn it!
Old 03-05-2020, 07:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
Question for you: do the edges of the twin mattresses bother you when you’re lying on them? Our king weighs a ton, and even getting the sheets on are a struggle, much less trying to turn it!
Not at all, I can't even tell it's there.

I suppose one could put a 1"-2" foam topper on them, if they felt the edges.

I just know that I couldn't imagine trying to turn over...a solid king size one.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:53 PM

How about the Bed in a Box mattress? They come in various sizes and thickness from 8" to 14 ". We need new beds for home and have been considering them. Does OMF have foam beds? Does anyone have the foam beds and if so pros/cons from actual users would be great before we buy.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
We have two twins made up as a king in our second home. Came with the house. I noticed that the two twins have a zipper down the edge that zip them together. We have a king quilted mattress cover over them (not thick) and a king sheet. You can't even tell it's two twins. In our case, a king box spring and mattress would not have made the turn up to the bedroom.

We are very pleased with it. We have a full king mattress here in TV. I should ask the dog...
Old 03-06-2020, 06:50 AM
Default Not so fast

We had just the opposite experience. After 2 years we had a rather large gully in the center of our mattress. Original Mattress Factory sent out their representative who said that it was normal and refused to do anything about it.
Old 03-06-2020, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandB View Post
How about the Bed in a Box mattress?
We have bought both a queen and a king from Amazon with 100% satisfaction. And, saved us $$$.

bed in a box
The Village Rockers is now forming. Stay "tuned" for further details about this new club for musicians, singers and spectators. Send us your name and email address. We will put you on our email list for news, updates, meeting times and playdates.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesser160@aol.com View Post
We had just the opposite experience. After 2 years we had a rather large gully in the center of our mattress. Original Mattress Factory sent out their representative who said that it was normal and refused to do anything about it.
Did you turn/rotate every three months...as recommended?
Old 03-06-2020, 07:58 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,327 Posts

Love my "marshmallow" mattress from The Original Mattress Factory. It is like sleeping on grandma's feather mattress.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandB View Post
How about the Bed in a Box mattress? They come in various sizes and thickness from 8" to 14 ". We need new beds for home and have been considering them. Does OMF have foam beds? Does anyone have the foam beds and if so pros/cons from actual users would be great before we buy.
Go on Amazon, they have a lot of the bed in a box mattresses all in one place. They're hundreds of reviews on each and most have free shipping. After you find one, go to youtube.com and they'll be video reviews of almost all of the bed in a box mattresses.

Here are a few on Amazon that have really good reviews and I've read about them on other sites.

Robot Check

Robot Check

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q7EPV8O...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Here is the Amazon Mattress main page, you can filter it down on the left side by price, reviews, type and style.

Robot Check
Old 03-06-2020, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Our experience with the Original Mattress Factory was excellent. The Queen Size Bed we bought there lasted 18 1/2 years. It had a 20 years warranty but I let 'Em off the hook. Unbelievable. It cost $2000 so the investment paid off.

We bought a Tuft and Needle bed in a box it is The Mint Model. It was around $800 and is Perfect. We have had it at least 9 months. We just bought a second one for the guest room.

We checked out Sleep Number and the Original Mattress Factory and know they may have better customer service but for the price the ones I bought can't be beat. They even sent a pillow topper for each bed and 6 months free interest thru Assure. I like holding the money.
Closed Thread

Tags
original, mattress, factory, huge, guys

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.