I found bugs in my silverware drawer

I found bugs in my silverware drawer

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 01-12-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
I see no reason why you should expect to have bugs. We did when we moved in and our guess is that they were in a box of food we purchased at the grocery store. After getting rid of them no repeat over the years.
I spray home defender once a month. Read the label and see if it is safe for your dogs. I think it is. I would spray under the sink, etc where your dogs can not get. Window sills etc if you feel you can not spray areas the dogs can get too.
Pest control companies are making a killing here in the villages, we purchased 19 months ago we got quotes on using an exterminator and with the quote came a free scare tactic sales pitch from Massey it was 100% bull crap, I’ve always been a DIY guy and have sprayed every 2-3 months using home defender and have yet to have an issue with bugs.
Next time you’re out try go a few blocks without seeing a Massey truck or some othe exterminators truck. It’s a very big business here in the villages. My cost is $20.00 a year to do it myself!

Old 01-12-2019, 02:29 PM

I have never seen more chemicals used out in the open as they do here in The Villages. This cannot be good for the environment or our lungs. Not to mention the poor applicators whom i've never seen wear masks or eye protection, i think that stuff goes right into your skin too. There are some days when I'm afraid to go for a walk if there is any breeze.
Sponsored Links

Tags
bugs, afraid, small, dogs, guidance