I just paid $314 to Munn's to get (basically) a capacitor changed...

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2017, 11:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
CAPACITORS need to be discharged before replacing ! Be very careful otherwise it could light up your day.
post 16
Old 09-01-2017, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,411 Times in 5,104 Posts

It's difficult to understand why Munn's, who does a lot of business in The Villages, doesn't monitor this site and respond to this kind of issue. They have a lot of competition. When I owned a business, I always tried to address any complaints in a very responsive and thorough manner, and made it a priority to know everything about my competition.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Dum View Post
If you're happy with the results, you were not ripped off. But it does pay to do regular business with Munns. They're very good.
They were the first people I called, and they came quickly -- I was happy about that. Then I discover I was -- by all indications and feedback -- been taken advantage of by being charged a factor of, say, 2x the "going rate". Is that something to be happy about?
Old 09-04-2017, 07:17 AM
Veteran member

This thread is a prime example of the value of this site, so much helpful sharing (most) of the time. There are some contractors that think we are a captive aged group that can be taken advantage of not cognizant that we have been around the block numerous times and protective of our neighbors. We are for the most part, old school. We do notice and share who provides good service at normal cost and who attempts to provide lesser quality work or goes for every extra dollar. Thank you so much neighbors for your great posts.
Closed Thread

Tags
responding, contributing, totv, esp, calls

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.