mani and pedi recommendation

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2015, 06:31 PM
Default mani and pedi recommendation

autoimmunity has been compromised since stell cell and have to select with care: clean clean clean...no cutting sterilization corners. Recommendation by Village newby would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleeh View Post
autoimmunity has been compromised since stell cell and have to select with care: clean clean clean...no cutting sterilization corners. Recommendation by Village newby would be greatly appreciated.

Mine is not compromised but I have great trepidation about pedicures...anywhere.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1610265.html

Perhaps if you only need your nails cut, you could consult a foot doctor. I like Johnny Wu M.D. near the hospital.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Mine is not compromised but I have great trepidation about pedicures...anywhere.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1610265.html

Perhaps if you only need your nails cut, you could consult a foot doctor. I like Johnny Wu M.D. near the hospital.
Your recommendation is quite correct. Anyone who has had stem cell treatment should be extremely careful. Even those without issues need to be extremely careful of pedicures. My wife has had a couple of issues due to poor practices.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

5 Dangers Awaiting You At The Nail Salon

thanks for this recommendation, graciegirl, definitely tucking it away...and I agree that it is probably best to forego the professional pedi, but I love the look of well groomed feet, and I don't have the knack for painting nails that last for a while. I do have a source for a woman, who received diabetic care certification and who has been approved by diabetic docs in the Sebring area, but its a hike. While I don't have diabetes, I like knowing that I will not be picking up a fungus or infection from sloppy care. Was hoping there was such a trained manicurist/pedicurist in The Villages. Well, I've put the thought out there and maybe like The Field of Dreams...such a professional will open a salon!
Old 02-22-2015, 10:09 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleeh View Post
I don't have a recommendation for you, but if you do a search on this site, you will come up with quite a few.
However, I as well would be extremely careful since your immunity is compromised.
Gracie, the article is eye opening. About 5 years ago, I had my last pedicure. I got cut quite deep.......long story short...I ended up with a terrible infection. It took over 6 months to completely heal. I still have a scar. I do my own nails now, and pretty darn good too.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:31 PM

Thank you all. I will continue to tread carefully...and make that drive to Sebring until I find one I can trust here. Claudia, the mani/pedicurist in Sebring completed her training with MediNails and is a Certified Medical Nail Technician and Podiatry Medical Assistant. She is trained in "Diabetic Safe" manicures and pedicures. Wish all who provide this service were required to meet this level.
From her site:
" What makes Claudia so special?

- All utensils are thoroughly cleaned and placed in a sealed pouch then sterilized in an
Autoclave after every use, see We Sterilize
- All implements which cannot be sterilized are disposed of immediately following your
service
- The pedicure tub jets are removed, cleaned and disinfected after each use exceeding
Florida Department of Professional Regulations' standards
- A freshly laundered towel or new disposable towel is used for every client
- The work area, common areas and bathroom are immaculate and are fully handicap accessible
- In addition to Claudia's accomplishments, she has been published in two National
Magazines for her dedication to performing healthy Manicures and Pedicures.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.