Electronics Battery Replacements

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Veteran member
Default Electronics Battery Replacements

Recently I had to replacement the battery in my Garmin Nuvi 750 GPS unit. I found this web site that has a lot of videos on how to replace the batteries in all types of electronic devices. http://www.newpower99.com/ they will take you through the process of opening the unit and making the replacement.

I just used the video as a guide and went to my local Battery + store and purchased the battery there. The closest store to TV is is Ocala. When I was in the store I mentioned that I would order it on line as Newpower99 would include any tools needed to open the case the sales person said that he would give me the very small torx screw driver free as they so many of them they just toss them away. I guess they get a new one with every dozen batteries that come in.

I have not dealt with Newpower99 but am posting this a link to their videos.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Platinum member

Nice find. Thanks for sharing this info. We also have a Nuvi 750 and after watching the video on line, I would be comfortable swapping out the battery. It has to be cheaper and quicker than sending it back to Garmin. They also have battery replacements for Kindles and many other portable electronic devices.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
Nice find. Thanks for sharing this info. We also have a Nuvi 750 and after watching the video on line, I would be comfortable swapping out the battery. It has to be cheaper and quicker than sending it back to Garmin. They also have battery replacements for Kindles and many other portable electronic devices.
google this nuvi....there are many that have been recalled and the battery is replaced for free.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
As you watch the video you will see that they are very careful in not unplugging the speaker from the main circuit board. When I replaced mine that came loose and I needed a use tweezers to plug it back in as it was so small. Still and easy fix.

My Nuvi was not one that was covered by the battery recall.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:30 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
google this nuvi....there are many that have been recalled and the battery is replaced for free.
Thanks, I just checked. Entered the s/n, and it came back "device not on recall list." I love the Nuvi 750 but my brother in law just bought a Garmin 1450LMT from Best Buy and if I were in the market for a GPS, that's what I'd buy today.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default Try Amazon.com they have what seems like an endless

inventory of batteries. I found an odd sized battery for a wall clock that was nowhere to be had in TV. Radio Shack was will to order them for me (2) at $6.95 each.
I got them on Amazon for $4.95 each with free shipping (US mail).

By the time one waits a couple of days to go to Orlando/Ocala/et al they would be in your mail box.

btk
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.