Interior painting question

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2019, 11:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Good brushes cost money. Don't skimp on this purchase. I always use a high end Purdy brush for cut in along ceiling and trim. A 2 inch works well and will cost around $15. Also use a very high end paint for best results. Buy canvas tarps to cover floors and anything else you don't move. And lots of blue painters tape.

Or, hire a good painter to do the job. Hiring a painting company is one of the better values with contractors. Let them move stuff, climb ladders, clean up and most do a really good job. Search on here for painting contractors and two or three really stand out as doing a great job.
To hire someone to do the painting job for you is great if you’re not able to do it. But from my experience on finding somebody to do the work for you, personally they’ll rip you off & charge you way more than the job is worth. But again if you can afford they’re prices to rip off the senior citizens go ahead. TV handymen really have a racket going.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:26 AM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
To hire someone to do the painting job for you is great if you’re not able to do it. But from my experience on finding somebody to do the work for you, personally they’ll rip you off & charge you way more than the job is worth. But again if you can afford they’re prices to rip off the senior citizens go ahead. TV handymen really have a racket going.
I'm sorry you feel that way. But if you do your homework, request references, (LOOK AT THEIR INSURANCE POLICY) check TOTV and ask neighbors you should be OK. Investment Painting didn't last 53 Years by ripping people off. Hire a painter to "Paint" hire a handy man to fix things. Len the retired half of Investment Painting Contractors.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

I painted the entire interior of our home 3 years ago. I used Behr Ultra paint w/primer included from Home Depot. One coat was enough for a nice looking finish. I agree with other posters regarding using eggshell finish. I spent a Long time cutting the line from wall to ceiling. Trim and sills and cabinet edges I used blue painters tape.
Old 11-26-2019, 12:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Our interior walls painted with Sherwin Williams, had the perfect roller with the correct Knapp and the taping was evidently perfect since we had no overlap or bleeding. The correct brush was used for the cut in and there is no evidence of paint on the ceiling where it was cut in. The ceiling was not painted. One final hint to our success.....Benny and Marie painting and home decor.....I think I forgot to mention that

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 11-26-2019, 11:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investment Painting Contractors View Post
I'm sorry you feel that way. But if you do your homework, request references, (LOOK AT THEIR INSURANCE POLICY) check TOTV and ask neighbors you should be OK. Investment Painting didn't last 53 Years by ripping people off. Hire a painter to "Paint" hire a handy man to fix things. Len the retired half of Investment Painting Contractors.
Sorry, but I was just talking about a few bad experiences that I had. My neighbor had about 10 new very little bushes planted & he needed them moved about 1 1/2 ft. closer to the house so he called a contractor to see if he could move them. Now mind you the soil in TV is sand & very easy to dig a hole, this person wanted $1,200. to do an hr. & a half job. My neighbor did it himself in about an hr. & a half. To me that’s not a fair price Now that’s just my opinion!
Old 11-27-2019, 06:19 AM

Great idea using Satin for the garages, easier to clean. We haven't done ours yet and I'm so used to doing "eggshell" for everything. Thanks!
Old 11-27-2019, 08:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Sorry, but I was just talking about a few bad experiences that I had. My neighbor had about 10 new very little bushes planted & he needed them moved about 1 1/2 ft. closer to the house so he called a contractor to see if he could move them. Now mind you the soil in TV is sand & very easy to dig a hole, this person wanted $1,200. to do an hr. & a half job. My neighbor did it himself in about an hr. & a half. To me that’s not a fair price Now that’s just my opinion!
Yes, I agree. Two yard guys charged us $400 for four hours work trimming the shrubs. Carpet cleaner wanted $400 to bring his steam cleaner over to just run it over the tile...no grout cleaning or furniture moving required.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:28 AM
Veteran member

Thanks for all the responses.
Old 11-28-2019, 07:55 AM
Veteran member

Hire a painter and save yourself a lot of aggravation. There are some wonderful painters in TV and they are not expensive. I used Steve Kling and my home looks beautiful. I am going to get him to do inside soon. Is it worth falling off a ladder and ruining your retirement to save a few $$$? I especially hate painting ceilings. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Closed Thread

Tags
interior, paint, walls, question, hanging

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.