Internet Providers

Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2019, 12:07 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
I managed to renegotiate Comcast twice but they refused to budge the third time.

After talking with several of their people for around half an hour I told them to disconnect me, hoping they would relent on pricing, but no luck - they just turned me off.

They haven't even sent me a slew of mail begging me to come back (unlike DirecTV, whom I dropped years ago but they are still trying).
I had the same thing from Spectrum. After the first year they notified me of a coming price increase. I asked for another year, same price. They said NO. I put in a cancellation for the end of the month. I waited till the day before shut off and decided to just continue with Spectrum.
Old 05-26-2019, 02:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

I own my own router and modem and picked up xfinity 60mbps for $50. If I agreed to a contract, AND opted for automatic bill pay, I'd only pay $30. Homey don't play that, so I'll pay the extra for the right to not give them access to my checking account.
Old 05-26-2019, 02:26 PM
Sage

You can probably do auto bill pay to a credit card with xfinity. It is pretty silly not to. I pay $45 per month (including all fees and taxes) with no contract and "price for life" for 80 megabits per second. Just happens to be a sweet spot in their pricing, don't really need 80 megabit per second download.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I own my own router and modem and picked up xfinity 60mbps for $50. If I agreed to a contract, AND opted for automatic bill pay, I'd only pay $30. Homey don't play that, so I'll pay the extra for the right to not give them access to my checking account.
Closed Thread

Tags
internet, providers, centurylink, recently, problem

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.