Internet providers in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 11-27-2020, 07:55 AM
Default I agree, Comcast has the best of everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
There are a few other choices, frankly, I've tried them all through the years and always come back to Comcast Xfinity for dependability, speed, and for convenience too ! Comes at a high price, but, I have never found the "competition" to be very competitive either, they all play the price raise game ! I dropped cell service with Sprint and took Comcast offer of free cell service for their existing customers.... NOT having a cell phone bill each month for us kind of makes up for their nearly $150 monthly price for TV, internet, phone and now cell phone. Their cell service is REALLY dependable, very happy with that and the price is sure right ! The most we've ever gone over on the data was $11 as most of the time the phone connects to one of their thousands of hot spots. Even works well abroad ! Surprise !
We had Direct TV, Dish Network, and in Virginia we had Verizon/FIOS, the most dependable service found is Comcast, you need to understand their system, negotiate at least 3 months before contract is set to expire, mention that you are going to “cut the cord” if the cost is more than you are paying now, we have TV, Internet and cell with them, I saved over $100 per month when I switched our cell service to them, great service never a dropped call and clear connections, they use Verizon cellular towers and it automatically switches to WiFi when a network is nearby. My cell bill for 2 separate lines is $14 and change per month, I am loving it.
Old 11-27-2020, 08:24 AM

I have had Comcast for years. No problems except price gouging. Travel to Leesburg. Never a wait if you need them.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:07 AM

I’ve had Comcast/Xfinity for 5 years now - almost Zero down time. Yep, price is a little high but service has been great (had some early problems with DVR boxes, but they changed manufacturers & no problem since). I don’t even know where the store is - did everything online plus they have great online tools for troubleshooting TV (can reboot it yourself). I live south of 466, I think they’re excellent!
Old 11-27-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladila2 View Post
Who are the internet providers for The Villages? Seems like we only have one for all of the Village people? Xfinity /Comcast only has one office inThe Villages and it is always more than crowded. Took my neighbor over two and one half hours to get assistance.
Is this a Monopoly?
Everything here is a monopoly.
It’s never been challenged by the Feds
Old 11-27-2020, 10:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

How to Move During the COVID-19 Outbreak | Move.org

For anyone who needs info. on moving.
Old 11-27-2020, 10:47 AM

We have AT&T Direct but we are rtetirees and so don’t know cost as we get a discount - we live south of the Turnpike in Mc Clure Village
Old 11-27-2020, 12:51 PM
Default DirecTV & DISH

We've had DirecTV with Centurylink and now have DISH. Unfortunately, when it's going to rain really hard the TV pixelates and the service goes down until the storm passes. In the summertime it's a real issue. Dish provides an alternative, however. One can immediately switch to "on demand" or other programming that does not rely on the signal. My biggest problem about the disruption has been seeing something part way and never knowing how the program ended. Oh well.....
Old 11-27-2020, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
Comcast Internet (average 117 mbps) only $40/mo ( $50 less $10 for auto pay). DirecTv - 5 Tv’s $122/mo.( negotiating price every year). I want the recording capabilities of DirecTv to watch what I want when I want). Amazon Prime Streaming with Firestick plus a couple streaming apps downloaded to Firestick. Cell phone w/Cricket Wireless, unlimited T/T/D for $25/mo.(our kids/grandkids add 4 more lines at $25 each).
5...five...FIVE!!! TVs...Gads!
Old 11-27-2020, 05:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzepecki View Post
You’d love the DVR with YouTube TV: unlimited capacity and no equipment needed.
Been there, done that albeit for only a few days but I still prefer having the hardware and don't like streaming services. YouTubeTV IMO is still overpriced for it's PQ and what you get. Also don't like it's guide. I pay under $140 for 400Mbps internet + TV/DVR (2 sets) and Showtime so a streaming service would be no bargain since the 400Mbps internet service alone I have would be $65 + the cost of YouTubeTV so it's almost the same or more. Maybe if YTTV was $25 it would be worth it but not for what they get for it PLUS you can't "negotiate" for a lower price as you can with ComCrap and they have no ON DEMAND which we use often.
Old 11-28-2020, 01:36 PM

I subscribe to Villages.net for golf reservation. What is Xfinity provided Golf reservation? Am I missing something?
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, internet, providers, neighbor, crowded

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.